: which is the best 20" tv??

lhowarth
2011-09-15, 03:18 PM
I know that most people on this site are more into big sets but I need to buy a 20" for the boat. It is strictly over the air so it must have a good quality, high gain tuner.

In the scan programming I would also need the "san add" feature.

Any suggestions?

Larry

hugh
2011-09-15, 04:47 PM
Twenty inch sets a low end commodity item. My suggestion is check out your local big box retailer or Walmart and pick the one that looks the nicest.

EdT
2011-09-15, 06:41 PM
I don't think there are any 20" screens, 19", 23" and 24" yes.
Any HDTV under 24" is usually limited selection as the manufactures are not interested investing any money in developing.

For 23" to 27" stick with the Samsung Syncmaster series, they were produce as higher end PC/HDTV units and have proven themselves with great reviews from expert and retail users.

ScaryBob
2011-09-15, 06:51 PM
It's best to look at overall dimensions and not just screen size. Some sets have narrower bezels and will fit in a smaller space. Whether the speakers on the side, bottom or edge will also make a difference.

Can't help much with the tuner details. That's probably best found out by reading set specs and user manuals. Those can often be found on the manufacturer's web site. For a boat, I would also be looking for 120v/12v operation.