: Molson/Coors Merger-I was Canadian

rickhd
2004-07-22, 07:55 PM
It is enough to make a Canadian cry in his beer. I am Canadian, well no more, time to make up a new saying I was Canadian.

Hockey and beer are just two things you don't mess with. Oh I almost forgot timmys coffee. Make mine a double double to go.

Mole
2004-07-22, 08:00 PM
Did they have to merge with the Neo-Nazi's

Splash
2004-07-22, 10:31 PM
Almost.... They merged with a company from the states..... First Labatt and now Molsons.... I guess it's Moosehead, Keith's and Sleeman that will get my money now!

buritto
2004-07-23, 12:24 AM
No he meant "Adolf" Coors. A merger is a merger, whos cares.

RNAChemist
2004-07-23, 02:46 AM
I thought that Molson owned Coors? I miss Carlsburg :cry: Can't get it Alberta.

tat2
2004-07-23, 03:55 AM
I thought that Molson owned Coors

Nope Molson brewed Coors products for Canada and vise versa.
Molson also stopped brewing Carlsberg ealier in teh year (there contract ran out, there was a big fuss over it too)

rickhd, have you forgotten that Timmie's "merged" with Wendys International in 1995 (TH Canada is 95% franchise owned and operated though and does remain an seperate entity)

The beer is going to stay the same and be brewed here.

iglutikut
2004-07-23, 01:10 PM
Almost.... They merged with a company from the states..... First Labatt and now Molsons.... I guess it's Moosehead, Keith's and Sleeman that will get my money now!

umm, Keith's is a Labatt partner brand... so you buy Keiths and Labatt gets your $$$

Loosehead
2004-07-23, 01:13 PM
And what about Great Western? I AM Saskatchewanian!

Richard Travale
2004-07-23, 02:33 PM
I'm an Okanagan Springs Brewery guy anyway.

JesseJ
2004-07-24, 01:58 PM
Oh I almost forgot timmys coffee. Make mine a double double to go.
That's American too....HAHAHAHA.....Owned by Wendy's in Ohio. Timmy's is even more American than Molson Coors.

I guess it's Moosehead, Keith's and Sleeman that will get my money now!
Better check who own's Keiths.....

JesseJ
2004-07-24, 02:01 PM
Sleeman Breweries Ltd. is the leading brewer and distributor of premium craft beers in Canada. The Company has supplemented its core Sleeman brands, which are available in every province, with a family of exceptional regional brands including Okanagan Spring and Shaftebury in
British Columbia and Alberta, Upper Canada in Ontario, and Seigneuriale in Quebec. Sleeman recently entered the rapidly growing value price segment by acquiring the right to sell and distribute the Stroh portfolio of brands in Canada.
And is just got the rights to Sam Adams.

vidfreak
2004-07-25, 12:24 PM
For the record - Carlsberg is now brewed in Canada by the same company that brews Moosehead and Tuborg (Premium Beer Company).