: WMC EPG data missing in Montreal OTA

johnvan
2011-08-24, 10:55 PM
I know this isn't exactly the place for this type of question but I've been googling enough and I thought somebody here could steer me in the right direction.

I'm in Montreal with an antenna on my roof. My windows 7 system is set up with a U.S. zip code. I use OTA only.

I get guide data for all U.S. channels and some Canadian but am missing guide data for 3 channels. (12.1 CFCF, 17.1 CIVM and 15.1 CKMI) They all exist on zap2it and play on Belltv as well. How can I get this guide data into my system.

I've thought about "schedules direct"and some sort of importer like guidehound. I want to leave my system as U.S. for other reasons.

Any Ideas?

pnear
2011-08-29, 05:51 PM
What zipcode are you using? If I enter 12919 into Zap2It, those channels are included and I would expect them also to show up in media center.

Pete

johnvan
2011-09-03, 08:39 PM
I ended up using mc2xml and guidehound.
It's working now.

Michael DeAbreu
2011-09-03, 09:46 PM
What I do is manually setup the TV Signal for both analog and digital. Then edit the channels to disable all the analog channels and copy their listings to the corresponding digital channels.

johnvan
2011-09-04, 10:26 AM
That's a good idea, unfortunately my tuner is digital only so I never had that option during the initial setup.

Michael DeAbreu
2011-09-05, 01:51 AM
What make/model of PC tuner card are you using? I haven't encountered a PC tuner that wasn't either dual or hybrid NTSC/ATSC/QAM.

johnvan
2011-09-05, 10:49 AM
It's the KWorld UB-435Q.
It works well although you have to install the drivers manually and I find if I channel surf a lot or do a channel scan it will sometimes drop off line. I then just unplug it and plug it back in and it works again.
Normal TV viewing and recording always works well.