: Who makes a micro ATV with HDMI & all PCI-E

blueroomelectro
2011-08-13, 10:09 AM
As the title says, I would like to have a small form factor HTPC with decent onboard video and all PCI-Express slots.

Wayne
2011-08-15, 12:51 PM
I think you have a typo as shouldn't it be micro ATX rather than ATV? Unless you want to be riding in the backcountry.

And if you want small then get MiniITX as they are smaller. If you get one that supports socket 1155 aka Sandy Bridge then you have a CPU with an integrated GPU that is more than fast enough to handle any HTPC tasks. The CPUs start at about $130 for an i3-2100.

Zotac specializes in small mobos and Asus and the other traditional mobo makers also make mobos in the mini ITX form factor.

Why do you need any PCIe slots? I am pretty sure that all of these types of boards will only come with PCIe slots.

blueroomelectro
2011-08-22, 03:44 PM
The PCIe slots are for ATSC tuner cards. I'm going to look at the HDHomerun as a possible solution.

Wayne
2011-08-22, 03:46 PM
Even if you had lots of spare slots the HDHR is probably the best solution for an ATSC tuner. And the only solutions for capturing HD cable/sat are the HD-PVR (which is a USB tuner) or the HD-Colossus which has only been out for a few months and is still kind of buggy.