: Best HTPC software for music

sssscary
2011-08-10, 03:56 PM
Hi, I have a large collection of MP3 albums and am wondering what Windows software people think is best to play and organize them on my HTPC?

ScaryBob
2011-08-10, 03:58 PM
MediaMonkey is quite good for both organizing and playing. It also does things like transcoding for portable devices.

Tikker
2011-08-10, 05:58 PM
I'm probably in the minority, but windows media player (and media center) works perfectly for me

it works exactly how I want, and presents my mp3s how I like

audacity
2011-08-10, 06:46 PM
There are two distinct functions when you want to play and organize your music on a HTPC.

Organize music? MediaMonkey is great.

Play music? Windows Media Center is outstanding IMHO. Especially if your music is properly tagged and has high quality cover art images.

I'm not aware of any good "organization" software that is built to work with a 10-ft UI. I recommend you organize your music from your desktop PC and just do the playback from your HTPC.

sssscary
2011-08-11, 01:40 PM
Thanks for the suggestions. I am mainly concerned with playback, I do organize from the desktop. Are there any good winamp skins for HTPC? I haven't seen any that are very good. So far, I have found that the XBMC has the best playback interface, imho.