: Ottawa WMC: Ogdensburg locale instead of Massena

mike infinity
2011-07-10, 03:45 PM
I re-setup windows media center with ogdensburg locale instead of massena. Lo and behold...I am now back to getting 28.1 and 28.2 all the time. I'm not sure if it is a coincidence because it doesn't make sense that the setup makes any difference.

**I have found with my CM4228 (with pre-amp and splitter to two tuners) that if I point it toward south colton (28.1 and 28.2) I get very good reception on all stations except 50.1 and 50.2 which are intermittant anyway.

...and while this is off-topic here...

I just thought I would add that the guide in WMC does not find listings for CITY-HD or CBC French HD (it does find them for the SD analog stations though) when I setup in Massena.

When I setup in Ogdensburg it finds the listings for both of these stations but loses the listings for Plattsburg PBS (57.1, 57.2, 57.3).

I will be interested to see how the guide information will be updated when the new transmitters come online next month.

stampeder
2011-07-10, 03:49 PM
Which WMC version are you running?

mike infinity
2011-07-10, 09:12 PM
I am running wmc that comes with a fresh install of windows 7 professional 32 bit. I downloaded the latest updates as well.

instead of using the hack, though, i ranmy machine through a vpn to get a usa ip...then set my location to ogdensburg in wmc. Everything installs flawlessly like this with my 3 tuners. You can disable the vpn after setup with no ill effects and wmc works like a charm.

flavoie
2011-07-10, 09:27 PM
Mike, the listings Microsoft Media Center gives you, as far as I know, are provided by zap2it. I am through the same ordeal, check
http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=132651
I emailed zap2it too. Waiting on a reply. Wait ! It works now ?
I now see all the channels I asked them under my postal code, WCFE included.
See my thread for updates.