: problem with audio when streaming movie on PS3

2thumbs
2011-07-06, 03:56 PM
Hey Guys,

I hope someone can help me with this, I use my PS3 to watch movies on my TV ( streamed from my PC ) and this works great but I am now having a problem. The PS3 is normally plugged into my AVR via HDMI and this works great but the other day I plugged the PS3 into a different TV to watch movies ( connected via HDMI but no AVR ) and the sound is wrong. It seems as if the PS3 is trying to play the sound in 5.1 but the TV only has its speakers, so I get all of the music and the surround sound but not the voices.

Do you guys know how to fix this I tried to change settings on the PS3 but I have not found out a fix yet

Thanks,

2011-07-06, 04:02 PM
Is this the older (fat) PS3 or the new PS3 Slim? There are about a dozen audio settings and one of them is hidden under "video" settings, so it's quite easy to get one of them incorrect...

2thumbs
2011-07-06, 04:40 PM
Should have mentioned that, it is the PS3 Slim. The weird part is that if I watch a blueray on the PS3 I do not have this problem it only happens when I am streaming a movie

2011-07-06, 05:56 PM
There may be audio settings on the PC too? Do you get the dialogue (center channel audio) on the PC?

2thumbs
2011-07-06, 11:00 PM
I have dialogue when I watch it on the computer ( I just have 2 speakers on the computer as well )