: Need source of quote

MAXAM
2011-07-03, 06:40 PM
Many years ago, I was watching a British TV comedy with my dad and they were doing a bit about movie previews and I think it might have been "Monty Python" or "The Benny Hill Show". It was showing a movie clip of a coming attraction of a romantic comedy featuring Googie Withers.
Voiceover: "Yes, it's knickers away when Googie meets ..."
When my dad and I heard this we both broke up as it was said in a very matter-of-fact way. Does anyone recall what comedy show this came from?
Thanks

MikeRo
2011-07-03, 07:13 PM
Sounds more like the Two Ronnies than Monty Python or Benny Hill. Did you and your dad ever watch the Two Ronnies?

MAXAM
2011-07-03, 08:20 PM
Absolutely, "The Two Ronnies" was one of our favourite British comedy shows! I liked the episode that takes place at a cocktail party where the little Scotsman, Ronnie Corbett, was trying to get the late Ronnie Barker to say how good he was in a play they both appeared in. All he could get from him, after much buttering up of how good Barker acted in the play, was the response,"Adequate" for his own acting performance.
Thanks for your suggestion, Mike. I'll Google the episodes and scripts of the show.