: DVD ripping software that works on newer DVDs

Wayne
2011-06-14, 12:16 AM
My kids destroy their DVDs very quickly so i need decent backup software. I have generally used DVD shrink in the past but it often does not work on newer DVDs as it hasn't been updated in five years or so - which is the case with several other similar programs.

Does anyone have a recommended DVD ripper that works on the latest discs, including Disney, that is free? I have tried Magic DVD ripper and it seems to work on the latest discs but it costs $35.

Bob_Mtl
2011-06-14, 12:21 AM
You could try DVDFab, the ripper is free and it worked on all the DVDs I processed so far.

cambo
2011-06-14, 09:14 AM
I too use DVDFab, but paid for it. Awesome program and constantly updated with the encryption keys. Can rip anything to almost any format you choose.

jshel101
2011-06-14, 10:34 AM
I use Slysoft AnyDVD. It works really good. You can backup DVD's and Bluerays, depending on the product you buy.

EDIT - Sorry I just noticed you asked for free. AnyDVD does have a cost associated with it.

Wayne
2011-06-14, 10:46 AM
You could try DVDFab, the ripper is free and it worked on all the DVDs I processed so far.I did download DVDFab but it seems that the free version is lacking some functionality - I will try it out again.

phaeton
2011-06-14, 10:47 AM
I've used MakeMKV recently. Very easy to use and no hiccups yet (only backed up a couple of movies)