: Question regarding used receiver

lightbody
2004-06-21, 10:46 AM
Hi I currently have a bell express vu system which I have just stopped paying for programming due to ongoing technical issues which were not solved. I am currently looking for alternatives and have looked at strachoice systems for sale in local electronics stores around town. I see that they are very cheap as long as you sign a contract for like 3 years. I know you can use any dish for any satellite TV as long as you are pointed at the right coordinates so I know my bell dish will work with starchoice. What I was wondering is instead of buying a entirely new system can I just purchase a used receiver and be able to activate it with my desired programming instead of having to sign a contract and installing a totally new system? Thank you for anybody who can help.

electricguy
2004-06-21, 01:40 PM
Humm There is no 3 year contract that I know of with Star Choice, You Must stay with them for one year though at any program level and there is a seasonal disconnect allowable also. As for the BEV dish No it will not work for SC.

2004-06-21, 01:53 PM
What I was wondering is instead of buying a entirely new system can I just purchase a used receiver and be able to activate it with my desired programming instead of having to sign a contract and installing a totally new system? Thank you for anybody who can help.

Sent u a PM

kuschall
2004-06-21, 09:49 PM
Your dish won't work with Starchoice. I just came back with *C after two year and they had 3 different code for my elleptic dish. 2 lnb with one wire each, 2 lnb with 2 wires each and a quad lnb.

There is no contract with *C but there is a one to two year contract with ExVu.