: SOLVED - Mythtv and CFTO Toronto's PSIP problems

Northern_Man
2011-04-05, 08:17 PM
Well sort of solved.

I have been living through very low WAF over the last few days, alot of blank recordings for CFTO, regardless of the tuner ( I have a HVR 950Q, and HVR 1600). And after applying the power of google to the problem, found a solution.

To workaround the issue, you need to set "Quick Tuning" to always.

mythtv-setup-->Input Connections-->Pick your tuner-->Quick Tuning-->Always

I can finally stop sleeping on the couch now.

dcartier
2011-04-05, 08:27 PM
I was looking at that option as well, I just did not go the extra step and enable it. Doh. Lets hope with it on, that Myth is able to find CFTO on a scan. I no longer have it in my channels.

I will toggle this on my Toronto tuners. Thanks!

Dennis

edvale
2011-04-07, 08:20 AM
Thanks for the tip Northern_Man!

dcartier
2011-04-10, 08:57 PM
As it so happens, this does not help Myth to find CFTO in a scan if you do not have it already in your channel list. In my case, I had nuked everything during the re-install (actually the HD dieing did the nuking, I just helped it along).

In any case I managed to re-insert the records directly in the DB by hand and now have CFTO again. All in all a good result. Thanks.

Dennis

Northern_Man
2011-05-04, 07:22 PM
Just watching a couple of recent recordings from CTV on Mythtv, and it seems that they have messed up the audio tracks as well. Playback of my recent recordings of Big Bang Theory are defaulting to the descriptive audio track. Taking a further look at a recent recording and Audio track 1 is called Unknown, and track 2 is called English. Mythtv must be defaulting to the wrong audio track for playback, time for some googling.

dheian
2011-06-04, 04:27 AM
Hey, I've been writing about the audio problem over at the MythTV list. See:

http://www.mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-users/2011-May/314982.html

Anyhoo, exchanged emails with a CTV engineer. He said they've fixed the problem but I'm still seeing it on Big Bang and Corner Gas recordings.

dheian
2011-06-07, 01:54 AM
Just an update. Downloaded tsreader and as you can see from the info below, only the descriptive audio track at CTV is passing on a language descriptor:

Audio Track 1

Elementary Stream PID 68 (0x0044) AC-3 Audio
AC3: Bitrate 384 Kbps Sample Rate 48 KHz
AC3: Mode complete main Coding 3/2 5 L, C, R, SL, SR
Descriptor: Registration Descriptor
Format identifier: 0x41432d33 (AC-3)
Descriptor: ATSC AC-3 audio Descriptor
ATSC AC3 Descriptor
Descriptor: Stream Identifier Descriptor

Audio Track 2

Elementary Stream PID 69 (0x0045) AC-3 Audio
AC3: Bitrate 384 Kbps Sample Rate 48 KHz
AC3: Mode complete main Coding 2/0 L, R
Descriptor: Registration Descriptor
Format identifier: 0x41432d33 (AC-3)
Descriptor: ATSC AC-3 audio Descriptor
ATSC AC3 Descriptor
Descriptor: ISO639 Language Descriptor
Language: eng
Audio type: visual impaired commentary
Descriptor: Stream Identifier Descriptor
8d

john.k
2011-06-10, 08:45 PM
Hi all.

I am still encountering the problem June 10 2011
Mythtv. 0.24.
recording. : Flash point. Ota
Audio 1 unknown track AC3 5.1.
Audio 2 English AC3 5.1 (described video)

Work around:

I need to first watch tv. Then menu and select the audio then record. Otherwise I get the described video

Is there any file I can hack to force CTV always on audio 1 ?

Thank you

dheian
2011-06-27, 07:22 PM
Hi John,

I've been writing to the CTV engineers since May about this issue. They keep saying they're working on it but right now it's still off.

In fact I noticed this weekend that their described video in English is now labeled as French.]

Sigh...