: Pioneer VSX 1325K Subwoofer Issue

newgy
2011-04-01, 12:33 PM
I recently installed my new receiver and set it up as 5.1. All 5 speakers are working except for the sub woofer. The sub woofer was working for the first hour, the sub woofer quit mid song. No changes were made to the settings and the music in no means was loud. I had tested the sub woofer on other receivers and it works fine, I have also tested a different sub woofer on this receiver with no avail. I have gone through all the trouble shooting in the manual, Sub set to yes, LFE ON, frequency settings, etc. I have also reset to factory default and it is still not out putting anything to the sub. I am at a loss at this point. Any help would be appreciated.

2011-04-01, 01:04 PM
Try changing the sub cable (any RCA cable will work as a test) and ensure it's properly connected at both ends. Check to see that the sub is plugged in and turned on. Sometimes the power plug can work loose - is there a light on the sub? Check to make sure there is power at the outlet for the sub - plug in a lamp to test.

Can you try the sub again on another AVR?

newgy
2011-04-01, 01:13 PM
I have tried the sub on 2 other AVR's and it works fine. I have tried 3 different cables, all the cables work on other AVR's. The sub is powered on and not in sleep mode. What we have determined is nothing is coming from the sub output on the AVR itself. Maybe this is a hardware issue?

2011-04-01, 01:42 PM
Certainly sounds like an issue internal to the AVR. Here's the "things to check" FAQ. Only other thing I can think of is to unplug the AVR overnight to see if that does anything more than the reset you already did.

http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=19694

Once you've got time, check out the following useful post.

http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=57741

BigBelly
2011-04-01, 01:44 PM
I had the same problem and took the receiver into an authorized Pioneer repair shop where they made the repairs. It looks like it may be a common problem.

newgy
2011-04-01, 01:52 PM
Thanks!

Shakey1
2011-04-01, 03:31 PM
Did you try doing the MAAC setup?