: Thoughts on Paradigm PDR 10 Subwoofer

Sith
2004-06-16, 03:03 PM
I am thinking of getting this one as an upgrade from my current Sony 50 watt sub. Anybody have any thoughts on it?. I saw the size in the store and I can make it fit but they did not have any in boxes so they will be calling when they do. The Pdr 12 will be too wide. So it unfortunately is not an option.

Thought, since Im waiting might as well ask if anyone has used it at home or seen it in use at home.

Thanks.

automator
2004-06-17, 01:02 PM
i have a PDR-8 which shakes the house enough for my liking... :lol:

Sith
2004-06-19, 08:29 PM
Thanks Automator. I am loving this sub. I had recently changed my Kenwood center channel to a Paradigm CC-170 and absolutely love it. That is why I wanted to get a Paradigm sub as an upgrade to my Sony.

For any future speaker purchases it will definitely be Paradigm.

I have even left it half on the sub level and it is just wonderful. The sound is just perfect. Quality sound for sure. It was a tight squeeze getting it to fit, but I am lovin it.

Thunder
2004-06-29, 07:59 PM
I have owned the PDR 10 for the past 2.3 years. It is part of a system that I have with Paradigm:

Mains - Monitor 7 V.2,
Rears - Titans,
Centre - CC 170.
Subwoofer - PDR 10

I find that there is an issue of placement in the room. It can be a little understated, but it is a very natural sound and it is a good size, not too large. I am happy with it and the quality has been very good since I purchased it. I would buy it again. Good luck with your choice.