: TV Speakers buzzing

OTA
2010-12-29, 11:15 PM
Before a month ago, I bought a 45 inch Sony LED TV (KDL-46EX600).
I have recently noticed, the TV speakers make a weird buzzing sound randomly through out the day. This happens about twice a day and the buzzing sound lasts for 2 - 3 seconds.
The TV is connected to my FTA satellite receiver (Viewsat extreme 2000) and an over the air antenna that I made myself.
I called Sony and the rep said that this does not happen with their new TVs.
He recommended me to do a software upgrade and if the problem persists, then they will send a technician. I upgraded the software in the morning, yet I can still hear the buzzing.
Now its too late to return the TV, because I have passed the 30 day exchange period and I threw the packaging away.
Should I be worried? :o
What should I do? :(

Maxwedge
2010-12-30, 10:27 AM
Do you have a cell phone nearby?

ScaryBob
2010-12-30, 12:18 PM
I called Sony... He recommended me to do a software upgrade and if the problem persists, then they will send a technician.
Seems rather straight forward to me.

OTA
2010-12-30, 01:46 PM
Maxwedge, Yes I do have a cellphone in the same room as the TV (about 5 Meters away)
I called my cellphone from my other phone and I brought it close to the tv and I did no hear the buzzing sound at all.

ScaryBob, I guess Ill call a technician after the holidays.
Would be great if Sony could replace my TV, but I guess they wont.

csks
2010-12-31, 11:04 AM
Seems that we have 3 variables in the equation - FTA receiver, OTA antenna and the TV. Do you have the buzzing problem from both the FTA Receiver and the OTA antenna?

OTA
2010-12-31, 12:29 PM
csks: Yes, I have the buzzing problem from from both OTA and FTA sources.