: Panasonic Plasma bases interchangable?

katana5
2010-11-16, 09:21 AM
So here's the situation.
Have a 42" samsung plasma that just bit the dust, we've been looking to upgrade our main set, which is a 50" panasonic 720p Plasma (uncertain of the exact model at the moment) to a 1080p set, and we'd just move the older 50" panny downstairs where we used the samsung set.

Now here's the question, the samsung set sits kind of between 2 rooms and has a swivel base on it. We're looking at the TCP50G25, which also comes with the swivel base. What I'm wondering is, is it possible to interchange the bases between the panasonic plasmas? In other words, does anyone know for sure whether they use the same mounting configuration?

Our main viewing is upstairs, where the set is in a custom cabinet, so ideally would prefer the 1080p set to be there, but when we enterain downstairs, it is nice to be able to easily point the set between the rooms we're in.

Anyone know for sure if this is possible? I'm looking at the tech specs PDF on the G25 from the panasonic site, it refers to the swivel base as an "option" but when comparing the dimension views of the g25, to a set with the standard base, it does not show the mounts in the same location, but then, it could just be they left it out of the picture for simplicity.

If anyone knows, would be great to hear.
Thanks.

hugh
2010-11-16, 10:26 AM
Really confusing post so I really don't understand what you are asking but my advice would be to call Panasonic Canada directly and ask them. They are the only ones who would know for sure.

David Susilo
2010-11-16, 12:24 PM
I may be wrong but AFAIK only Pioneer stands that are interchangeable from one model to the next and from one generation to the next. Even then it's only valid for the last 3 years of production.

I have contacted my client/buddy who is a Panasonic dealer, he said that as far as he knows, the Panasonic plasma stands are NOT interchangeable.