: Sens @ Leafs NOT BLACKED OUT on Sportsnet Ontario...

WetCardboard
2010-09-21, 08:16 PM
Don't know if this is the case for everyone outside of the Leafs region, but on Telus TV in Edmonton the Sens/Leafs is NOT blacked out on Sportsnet Ontario. Right now I am watching on the SD channel since Telus was supposed to give me Ontario/Pacific HD yesterday but they didn't...(havent had much luck with their CS ever since I signed up last week). I will update on the HD feed as soon as it's available to me.

Is the game blacked out for anyone else?

kirjtc2
2010-09-21, 08:29 PM
Not blacked out on Rogers in NB either.

The Centre Ice channel where it should be isn't airing anything.

WetCardboard
2010-09-21, 08:33 PM
Man I am not happy with Telus so far...apparently it takes a MIN of 2-24hrs for a channel addition to show up on my end. With Shaw it was instant in most cases...I guess I'm watching this one in SD tonight, which is better than nothing. However the sound is brutally quiet, my AVR is cranked and I can still barely hear anything...(problem with all SD channels on Telus TV), I'll have to remember not to switch to an hd channel or else I'll blow my speakers/go deaf or both.

jayoldschool
2010-09-21, 08:34 PM
Airing on free preview on Center Ice channel 1453 on Bell. Blacked out on SNH-O channel 1405.

WetCardboard
2010-09-21, 08:35 PM
I knew Centre Ice showed pre-season...it's just Shaw and Telus who don't want to waste the bandwidth and please their customers.

james99
2010-09-21, 08:36 PM
What do we have to do to get the game blacked out?

shawnq
2010-09-21, 08:36 PM
thanks for the posts........got it here in Ottawa. The feed is slightly better then the feed was from Russia for the 1972 summit series. Hope this isn't another year of watching the Leafs in SD even though my cable provider (Rogers) is broadcasting in HD

tofinoguy
2010-09-21, 10:25 PM
I knew Centre Ice showed pre-season...it's just Shaw and Telus who don't want to waste the bandwidth and please their customers.
There's no waste of Bandwidth. On Bell, it is the same feed but remapped to one of the CI channels with different restrictions. I guess it's easier for Bell to do that with their equipment than enable the regional sportsnet feeds to everyone in the Leafs area plus CI subscribers. Why would customers be un-pleased? The content is available in the same location as all the other CI games.

Doug30
2010-09-21, 10:34 PM
Well, cancel Cogeco, move to Edmonton and sign up for Telus. Then call and complain.

jayoldschool
2010-09-21, 10:52 PM

Just shut your eyes and you won't see all those Sens goals go in. Of course, you'll still hear the boos for the Laffs new captain :D

NB Josh
2010-09-21, 11:56 PM
I seem to remember Shaw Direct not blacking out any preseason CI games (from Sportsnet) last year. I'd assume this may be the same for all providers and some just choose to not black out the Sportsnet channel instead of re-mapping the feed to another channel.

Shootmaster_44
2010-09-22, 04:38 PM
I don't have CI, so maybe that's why. But I have Shaw and here in Lloydminster it was blacked out.