: is there a complete list of Blu-ray Double Features?

David Susilo
2010-08-08, 01:23 PM
let me start with the ones in my collection and recollection

Seven / 1408
Harold & Kumar - Goes to White Castle / Excape from Guantanamo
Miss Congeniality 1 / 2
Analyze This / Analyze That
Ace Ventura Pet Detective / When Nature Calls

cfraser
2010-08-08, 04:36 PM
There are several more. Go to amazon.com and do a search for "warner double feature blu-ray" for a start...those are the ones I'm most familiar with, and it saves me typing. :) BTW, I have not seen a single one of those in any of my local B&Ms yet. Even the ones that were released only in Canada way before in the U.S. Some of them are two separate BD-50 discs, nice, like the Kelly's Heroes/etc. package. Most are two titles on a BD-50.

Also Capote/In Cold Blood. I am bummed I never heard of that one when it was released as not only is it a great natural pairing, but both are good movies. It is expensive now, though ICB (the main one I wanted) will be available separately soon.

cfraser
2010-08-12, 09:03 PM
Just remembered one I saw yesterday at Mallwart: Hot Fuzz & Shaun of the Dead for ~$15. If you like this type of comedy it's very unlikely you don't have either/both in some format as there's not a whole lot of it about and need to grab it all. But if you don't (especially) have HF on BD, it is quite worthwhile SQ/PQ-wise compared to the DVD. Bear in mind the extras on the stand-alone HF BD are IMO funnier than the movie even, tons of extras, but if you don't tend to watch them...

Kelowna
2010-08-13, 10:59 AM
I'm pretty sure I've seen Kill Bill 1&2 together.

cfraser
2010-08-13, 03:31 PM
^ Yup, that was there in the main/new BD display at the local WM. There were a couple other Alliance BD doubles there too, besides the ones mentioned so far. They are new to this location, and not bad deals at all. It seems they have removed the extras (compared to the single releases) in most cases that I recognised, but I think the KBs were "complete" (the extras were lame-ish anyway).

One other double feature that's kind of interesting is Toy Story 1&2 available from the UK amazon (e.g.), region-unlocked. There are 2 separate discs in this one, kind of like the KH/WED Warner double feature. The UK also has Kill Bill this way in their double feature version. I have never bought an Alliance double feature so don't know how they do it...

David Susilo
2010-08-16, 06:40 PM
Kelowna, you are correct Kill Bill 1 & 2 double-feature is available (about 2 months after I bought the separate release... aaargh!)