: Law & Order: UK

dm_4u
2010-06-03, 02:12 PM
Has anyone other than me watched this?

I found it quite amusing at the beginning...but it's actually quite good.

Follows the same pattern...and even some of the same storylines that the American show used.

Tezster
2010-06-03, 02:53 PM
Same L&O formula, but has a very different feel to it since it's based in the UK. I had mixed reactions about the show when it first came out, but it really grew on me once I got used to it. Part of it is simply getting to know the characters, I think.

I'm very glad that Showcase picked it up and I can watch it in HD.

stampeder
2010-06-03, 05:59 PM
Nice to see it on CityTV's fall schedule again.

wgauci
2010-06-03, 09:38 PM
If you watch the credits, you can usually see what L&O episode that they based the show on. We really enjoyed last season, hoping for some new ones. With Danny Baldwin from Cori and Apollo from BSG how can you go wrong. :)

stump14
2010-06-07, 02:59 PM
I tried watching this show but after a couple of episodes I could not watch it.

Angela V
2010-06-10, 12:05 AM
I love Brit tv and Law & Order so I'm loving this show. I'm glad City Tv is picking it up again.

dm_4u
2010-06-10, 08:25 AM
I'm glad they picked it up too...once you get to know the characters...they fit right into the mold.

And now that the original is gone...this will fill in perfectly.

Tezster
2010-06-10, 12:41 PM
Does anyone know if it's been picked up for a 3rd season? I'm not entirely sure how the actual broadcast structure works - it appears that there's only 6-7 episodes per season so far for seasons one and two.

Dr.Dave
2010-06-10, 07:13 PM
They're filming another 13 episodes (http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2009/jun/25/law-and-order-itv) which will be on City TV's fall schedule (http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=125389). The first 13 episodes were split across 2 seasons on ITV in the U.K. for some reason.

Wikipedia has the episode listing (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Law_and_Order_UK) that also shows the original L&O episode on which the script was based.

Dr.Dave
2010-09-13, 06:10 PM
It looks like the new season is starting Thursday, September 16th on City TV with the episode "Broken".

Torontoblue
2010-09-14, 01:52 PM
It looks like the new season is starting Thursday, September 16th on City TV with the episode "Broken".
The new episode was superb and the story was very close to a true case back in the early 90's - quite harrowing and was difficult to watch at times.

One thing that really makes this show stand out is that it's not 'over-acted' like its US counterparts. The UK version seems to be more about story, drama and the people affected. Just another well written UK production.

CanadianCowbell
2010-09-14, 02:25 PM
I like the UK version. The us version got to the point where every episode felt the same! The UK one has suprised me a few times with where they take the episode.

Shootmaster_44
2010-09-15, 11:10 AM
I enjoy the UK version, I am a devoted L&O fan. But the cases they've mutated from the mothership to UK, I don't seem to recall. I just wish I was able to get CITY-TV here in Lloydminster. I guess I will have to wait until either Showcase carries them or the DVD is released.