: 2010 Oscars

CHrisCHu
2010-03-08, 01:29 AM
I'm surprised to see no Oscars thread on here so let me start one. Am I the only one who thinks that as soon as Hurt Locker picks up the first Oscar (Original Screenplay) it's gonna be on a row?

No disrespect but I wonder if there's any bias towards war-related films. This is from my observations on various ratings. From imdb to Shaw IPG star-ratings, any film with war-related theme always has high rating. Take Shaw IPG for example, I hardly see any non war-related film no matter how famous/popular (I mean like all-time famous) has a rating with more than 3 stars. On the other hand, any war-related film is automatic 4-star or more.

sleemo
2010-03-08, 08:41 AM
I thought the Steve Martin and Alec Baldwin opening monologue was painful to watch. It was bad.

Tezster
2010-03-08, 08:50 AM
Their jokes were pretty tame, or as I like to call them, Jay Leno-like. It looks like the organizers made a conscious effort to play it safe.

DLPAddict
2010-03-08, 10:53 AM
Ben Stiller in "Navi" was funny

james99
2010-03-08, 11:05 AM
I had no issues with the hosts. They played a minor part, as they should.

I'm just glad we didn't have to suffer through the songs being sung, like prior years.

Perhaps the ass kissing for the Actor/Actress nominees can be removed next year.

becks
2010-03-08, 11:11 AM
The whole show was bad, I couldn't last esp since we already knew who was going to win

AFF
2010-03-08, 11:18 AM
In Memorium section, why was Michael Jackson on there and Farrah Fawcett not?

McRat
2010-03-08, 11:51 AM
In Memorium section, why was Michael Jackson on there and Farrah Fawcett not?
Bea Arthur was also omitted......two great ladies who deserved much respect. I would hope the Academy sends letter of apologies to their families and puts them first at next years......

FortMacDude
2010-03-08, 12:31 PM
What I did watch (about 1/2) I liked the parody of Paranormal Activity..and Ben Stiller as a "Navi"...but the rest of it was humdrum...and I thought the whole thing was less glamorous then past years...and whats with most of the actresses looking pale and wearing drab color dresses ??...ugg...

Larry
2010-03-08, 01:15 PM
Pretty dull show. I also noticed that they have gone back to saying "and the Winner is...". In the past decade or so, they had changed to the line "and the Oscar goes to....". Wonder why they made the change back? Personally I like it better.