: Sure would be nice...

One Bit Wonder
2010-02-25, 05:56 PM
To have remote PVR access right now. All the olympic events are coming to a close and I sure would like to record some but, alas, I am at work.

eclipz
2010-02-26, 04:53 PM
Although remote access isn't a huge issue (for me), I do agree that there are some neat things coming out from other competitors.

- remote access to PVR/GUIDE
- whole home PVR
- laying fiber for internet in new areas

Gord Lacey
2010-02-27, 09:14 PM
Not the outcome you want, but you may want to look into picking up a Slingbox. Not only would it allow you to access your PVR from elsewhere, but it would allow you to stream TV as well - handy for when you're bored at work and want to catch something on TV.

Gord

worldboy79
2010-02-28, 08:03 PM
It would be neat to be at work and log onto a website using your computer and be able to tell your PVR to record certain programs that you may have forgot to set while at home.

It's probably not too far fetched, I mean we can log onto Shaw's Video on Demand (VOD) site and order select movies, so all it would take is something to send a signal to the digital box at home to set the "record" option.

ladybugblue
2010-03-01, 11:06 AM
It would be neat to be at work and log onto a website using your computer and be able to tell your PVR to record certain programs that you may have forgot to set while at home.

It's probably not too far fetched, I mean we can log onto Shaw's Video on Demand (VOD) site and order select movies, so all it would take is something to send a signal to the digital box at home to set the "record" option.
There is a box that does this. It is called a Tivo. I do this all the time when I realize I have to stay late and forgot to set a recording. Unfortunately the best Tivo box that records HD does not work in Canada because the majority of providers do not want to use cable cards.