: Just wondering about your experiences...

Geek_Boy
2010-02-23, 11:09 PM
Hi,

I'm new here and I really have no clue about cell phones, so please bear with my ignorance.

Also, I apologize if there is a thread about this already however I did use the search function and I could not find a thread that could answer my questions.

My 3 year contract with Bell is about to expire (I have a 3 year old Nokia cell phone) and I'm interested in buying a smartphone, particularly the Blackberry 9700 because of it's IM, email, etc. However I'm not sure which provider I should sign up with. I'm hearing mixed info about Telus and Bell's new network (the weird sounds in calls and such) and I'm hearing complaints about how Rogers bill their customers (mostly because they over charge them). I'm not going to make any long distance calls and I rarely go down to the U.S., so I'm not concerned with that.

So my question is, how is everyone doing with their service providers? What are some pros and cons about your provider? I know Rogers has good data plans, but what is your data plan? I just want to hear other people's opinions (other than the people I know). I live in the Lower Main Land of B.C. by the way.

Any info would be appreciated.

Cheers.

cambo
2010-02-24, 01:14 PM
You can colour them all Red/Blue/Green whatever. They're all overpriced, and under perform. Until they come up with a better plan than whopping 3 year contracts, we're stuck.

I will wait for my contract to run out, and see what the new players have to offer. Wind Mobile has some pretty good unlimited plans, with no contract. I believe the others are coming up with something similar. Maybe you want to go month-to-month until they come out and avoid costly contracts?

Anteater
2010-02-27, 12:53 PM
If you live in Vancouver, WIND might be worth checking out (when they launch there sometime soon). Much better pricing than the big 3 and a new philosphy on wireless.

http://www.windmobile.ca

carlost2
2010-02-27, 01:24 PM
I would check out Wind also but remember you have buy the phone up front and the cost for the BB9700 is $450.

Anteater
2010-02-27, 01:59 PM
I would check out Wind also but remember you have buy the phone up front and the cost for the BB9700 is $450.
It's still a lot cheaper than the upfront cost at Bell, Rogers or Telus. Plus you aren't tied into a three year contract.