: Booster antenna for cell phone

bigredneck
2010-02-14, 03:31 PM
I am in very remote area, and use cell phone for internet. My question, can you guys give me specs for building yagi type antenna? I use a zboost yx510-dual band unit. 800 MHz to 1900MHz. There is one for sale but costs up to $300. Would rather do it myself.

Thanks

JamesK
2010-02-14, 05:42 PM
I don't have specs, but you may be able to get away with only a single band antenna, depending on what your carrier uses in your vicinity. You'll likely be better off using 800 MHz, if available, as it works better over distance than 1900. Of course, you'll still need some way to be able to connect the antenna to the phone, as not many of them have antenna connectors these days.

bigredneck
2010-02-14, 10:39 PM
I am using a z-boost wireless booster for the data card and my cell phone(boost to phone and data card wirelessly). The z-boost has a connection for an antenna. I have a small omni directional antenna on it now, connected via RG6 coax. The boost unit is a dual band, 800 MHz & 1900MHz, (different cell companies operate on different ranges). I have found some yagi style antennas online but the prices are very high. Since I have built a half dozen or so 4bay GH type antennas for myself and neighbors,(with info from this site), I thought someone might be able to help. The 4bay GH have worked great. I built from old antennas, just drilled out the rivets and reused and cut to fit.