: No Sound -HDMI

perry
2009-12-12, 03:50 PM
I hooked up my computer which has an ATI 4850HD video card in it that has an HDMI (also has DVI & VGA) port on it. So I plugged the HDMI from my video card to my tv but I have no sound. I tried a audio cable that has red & white cables on one end and plugged the other end into the green audio port on the back of the computer, but still no sound

Do I need to hook up something else to get sound?

please change hxxp to http
Video Card hxxp://ati.amd.com/products/Radeonhd4800/specs.html

Motherboard hxxp://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Products/Motherboard/Products_Spec.aspx?ClassValue=Motherboard&ProductID=3010&ProductName=GA-MA790XT-UD4P
I wasn't sure if live links we're allowed. :

Costa
2009-12-12, 07:11 PM
Make sure the ATI card's audio is set as the default device. Search for 'Sound', and under 'Playback'. right click the device and set it. Hopefully that's your issue.

perry
2009-12-13, 09:42 AM
In sound and audio device properties.

Sound playback: ATI HD audio rear output . is this what you are referring to?

In the drop down menu of Sound Playback I also have Realtek HD audio output.

Also under Sound Playback menu there is Advanced menu when I click on that it takes me to speaker setup that I set to Desktop stereo speakers. is this correct?

Costa
2009-12-13, 12:18 PM
Sound playback: ATI HD audio rear output . is this what you are referring to?

Exactly that!

Right click, or go to it's properties; try to see if you can set the ATI to your default or main audio device. If you're successful, restart the application you want to play audio with, I doubt you'll need to but you might have to restart.

perry
2009-12-13, 01:40 PM
Thank you very much, sound is working. BUT my keyboard won't work now.

It must be a conflict between one of the drivers. So I'll keep playing till I get it working, thanks again

Costa
2009-12-13, 05:07 PM
Try a different USB port for your keyboard. If Windows reinstalls the drivers on the new port for the keyboard, it will probably resolve your driver issue.

I remember having connectivity issues with my reciever and wireless mouse, I changed ports and it works perfectly. Now runs off my usb card, instead of the ports off my motherboard.

perry
2009-12-21, 01:39 PM
I rebooted the computer and now everything works good. thanks for the help