: Dell Releases ZINO mini-HTPC in U.S.

parity123
2009-11-12, 02:13 PM
Hi All,

Seems like Dell is coming out with a customizable Mac Mini-like desktop. Seems like a great option for HTPC. Only out in states right now but should be coming to Canada....I hope.

Customizable for better CPU, memory, HD up to 1TB, GPU, and Blu Ray! Only thing missing is a tuner. Just pick up a USB one.

Just do a Google of Dell ZINO

coolin
2009-11-22, 01:22 AM
Looks like it's available now, I was just on the Dell Canada site and specced out a Zino HD.

I'm not sure what's going on, but for a similarly specced system from the US store it's substantially cheaper. It looks like we're getting hosed up here. The base model on the site from the US store is way better equipped than the base model in the Canadian store...although the funds are difference...the difference in components doesn't make up for the exchange rate.

For a Blu-Ray playing, Dual Core, 4GB, 500GB Zino HD up here we are looking at almost $1000. For nearly the same thing from the US store it's around $550 US.

Seems far pricier than what I was expecting. I was looking forward to this little unit, but now I'm not so sure.

classicsat
2009-11-23, 11:35 AM
From the pictures at dell.ca, it apparently lacks a digital audio and SD A/V out. I would pass on it and save money buying a comparably specced full sized desktop or notebook, and use the savings on a media extender.

profets
2009-11-25, 02:47 PM
On dell.ca it starts at $350 and includes 1GB memory and a 160GB drive, whereas the base model on US site is $230 for 2GB and 250GB.

Thats quite a big price difference.. I dont understand how it can be such a big difference and have lesser options as well

lol, if i customize it and match the memory and disk to 2GB and 250GB, then its $440 compared to $230 in the US