: 1250 and 1600 in same computer

takeaim
2009-11-12, 12:57 PM
just wondering if there are any issues with having a hvr-1600 hauppauge card and a hvr-1250 card in the same computer. the first being a pci card and the second being a pci-e card. looking to use them both in wmc to record multiple channels at once ota-hd.

thanks

PPL4GOLF
2009-11-12, 03:20 PM
My limited experience told me that any WinTV programs (eg remote, blaster) is F'ed when there is more than one Hauppauge device installed. I don't think there is any issue using Media Center or other front ends.

takeaim
2009-11-12, 04:53 PM
ok, i'm not concerned about the remote blaster at all. basically just for ota-hd. so as long as they play nice on that front i'm set. i would think they would, but just seeing if anyone else has had an experience with both cards. worst case is i end up putting them in different computers. but would like to keep everything together in the 'htpc' designated one.

Wayne
2009-11-14, 01:00 PM
This shouldn't be a problem although Hauppauge wants you to run hwclear before installing drivers which isn't a good idea if you have multiple Hauppauge devices as it will uninstall drivers.

I have two PVR-150s and two HD-PVRs in my HTPC server.