: ASUS atsc qam USB Tuner

RPMx7
2009-10-15, 10:05 PM
i recently purchased a Usb tv tuner for my laptop. The Tuner supported ATSC and QAM. I did a little reserch and googled ATSC in canada and found that is what we had for signal, ok right on so i bought it. To my dismay the tuner does not work where i live after trying it. So i did some more research and found this site and Info on ATSC and that it is only in major areas right now

My question is can i do something to get this Tuner to pick up tv? Can I convert my tv signal? really got no idea on this stuff . I live in central alberta and from what i can tell ATSC wont exist for a year or so

tvlurker
2009-10-15, 10:59 PM
My question is can i do something to get this Tuner to pick up tv?

Which tuner did you get? There are USB tuners that tune ATSC, QAM, and NTSC (analog) TV. You could use the NTSC mode if you have it until stations closer to you than Calgary convert to digital (if they do). There are a couple of low power digital stations in Calgary at the moment

RPMx7
2009-10-16, 12:01 AM
its an ASUS atsc and qam only tuner so no dice on that. I should have bought one that did all signals to be safe but i was sure this would work. Basicly i didnt do enough research

I doubt theres anything i can do but it dont hurt to ask, thanks for the reply at least