: Samsung LN52B55 tv - no video-out slot?

im_0316
2009-08-31, 01:45 PM
Hi,
I recently bought the samsung LN52B55. Took my old tv to the other room and bought video sender to be able to watch the old tv in the other room. What i was surprised to see was that I couldn't find a video-out slot on the back of the tv. There is audio out but no video out. So becuase of that i'm not able to connect the video sender.
So I suppose there is no way to get video-out out of this tv?
Thanks.

admin
2009-08-31, 01:55 PM
Well if there is no analog video out then your likely out of luck.

Have you reviewed your manual?

im_0316
2009-08-31, 01:58 PM
Well if there is no analog video out then your likely out of luck.

Have you reviewed your manual?
Yeah, looked at the manual...stared at the back of the tv for so long...nothing that says video out.

2009-08-31, 02:41 PM
Looks like you have a typo in your model number, but lots of TVs today don't have a video output. You need to take the output from any devices that you have connected to the TV, or perhaps from an AVR if you have one between the devices and the TV.

See the following post useful for those new to the forum - FAQs, Search Tips, Optimization, etc.

http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=57741

im_0316
2009-08-31, 03:26 PM
someone just suggested to me to try using a/v splitters before connecting source to the tv..so after splitting, one set of a/v will go to tv and the other to the video sender.
I've seen some y-cable to rca connectors that i can try to use. Hopefully it'll work without losing quality.

yeah..there's a typo..its Samsung LN52B550.
thanks.