Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

Recommendations for small bedroom TV?

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  lgplasma 
#1 ·
I'm looking to replace 2 of our smaller CRT sets in the bedrooms and am looking for recommendations for smaller sets. Nothing that retails over $300 and no bigger than about 22". Any ideas? What brands are best at this price level? Thanks.

#3 ·
I would say more information is needed here for helpful recommendations. Such as:

Cable/sat/ota/none?
Will you connect a computer or gaming console to it?
What about a vcr or dvd player?
What programming would you normally watch on these tvs?
Do you need a tv with speakers, or is there a sound system of some kind?
Why do you want to replace the old tvs?

#4 ·
Both are cable (I'm WAY too far away for OTA). No gaming, one might be used as a second monitor but there is no real need. Either may get a DVD player in the future. Programming is mixed but is generally SD. No sound system available or wanted. One TV is down to one speaker and is only 9" (its a portable). The other has an intermittent cut out of the signal and apparently doesn't match the room decor anymore. :rolleyes: Mind you, it is purple.

#5 ·
One thing you might want to consider for a bedroom is buying a TV with a built in DVD player. Takes up less space than a stand alone set an player and also only uses one plug.

I bought an Akai from Costco a couple of years ago. It was more than you're looking to pay yet still cheap enough to be a good deal. As a bonus I found out it plays most movie formats that will play on a computer.

I'm not sure what brands are available these days (with built in players) but it's something to keep in mind when you're out shopping.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.