: Recommendations for small bedroom TV?

lgplasma
2009-08-14, 01:29 PM
I'm looking to replace 2 of our smaller CRT sets in the bedrooms and am looking for recommendations for smaller sets. Nothing that retails over $300 and no bigger than about 22". Any ideas? What brands are best at this price level? Thanks.

redzone
2009-08-14, 01:36 PM
http://www.canadacomputers.com/index.php?do=ShowProduct&cmd=pd&pid=018927&cid=MT.282

in case the link gets removed its a 22" samsung with tuner and speakers that can also be used as a pc monitor for $250 at canadacomputers.com

probobly the best deal your goign to find around right now on that size.

thehopeful
2009-08-14, 02:52 PM
I would say more information is needed here for helpful recommendations. Such as:

Cable/sat/ota/none?
Will you connect a computer or gaming console to it?
What about a vcr or dvd player?
What programming would you normally watch on these tvs?
Do you need a tv with speakers, or is there a sound system of some kind?
Why do you want to replace the old tvs?

lgplasma
2009-08-14, 03:04 PM
Both are cable (I'm WAY too far away for OTA). No gaming, one might be used as a second monitor but there is no real need. Either may get a DVD player in the future. Programming is mixed but is generally SD. No sound system available or wanted. One TV is down to one speaker and is only 9" (its a portable). The other has an intermittent cut out of the signal and apparently doesn't match the room decor anymore. :rolleyes: Mind you, it is purple.

wallee
2009-08-19, 09:22 PM
One thing you might want to consider for a bedroom is buying a TV with a built in DVD player. Takes up less space than a stand alone set an player and also only uses one plug.

I bought an Akai from Costco a couple of years ago. It was more than you're looking to pay yet still cheap enough to be a good deal. As a bonus I found out it plays most movie formats that will play on a computer.

I'm not sure what brands are available these days (with built in players) but it's something to keep in mind when you're out shopping.

lgplasma
2009-08-23, 10:10 PM
Bought an open box 19" Sony Bravia in white at FS for under $200 (when I return the PSP used to make the sale ;) ). Missing the remote but a universal was thrown in for $13 so all good.