: Rogers Packages On Website

Vegas01
2009-02-23, 07:46 PM
Ok seems Rogers only has 3 packages listed on thier website. I thought they had more than 3 packages to choose from.
Digital Cable is $32.97 promo price
VIP is $61.97 promo price
VIP Ultimate with movies is $98.95 promo price

Now when I move in the summer I may not be able to keep my ExpressVu (Bell TV) and so may have to switch to Rogers without a choice, unless my balcony faces west or south, or if the building is equipped with ExpressVu. Been with ExpressVu for 9 years now and would hate to have to go through the costly process of going to Rogers and having 3 ExpressVu receivers collect dust. But if I have to then I have to.
Thing is I don't want to be paying almost $70 for tv that I won't be watching as much.
But wanting The Score and Timeshifting I may have no choice. That sucks.
I want the US and Canadian Networks, timeshifting, TSN, Sportsnet, The Score, A&E, MuchMusic, MuchMoreMusic, CMT, MuchVibe, BET, Spike TV. But my guess is I have to pay the $61.97 plus taxes and fees? Crazy. Soon enough cable will be for those with high incomes.

2009-02-23, 08:21 PM
Rogers Digital VIP will be your best value for the channels that you want. Digital VIP includes a free SD STB, up to 4 TV outlets and the digital services fee is included. Be aware that if you're switching from Sat, that you can get all kinds of deals at Rogers for the first year or two.

1. A reduced price for Digital VIP (12 months).
2. A "ditch the dish" programme where you can get free STBs/PVRs for a couple of years (you need to have equivalent STBs from BTV as trade, but they're easy to get for cheap.)

There are several ongoing threads in the Rogers forum on the various packages and incentives.

Have a look at the following post, useful for those new to the forum - FAQs and Search Tips:

http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=57741

Vegas01
2009-02-23, 08:42 PM
I read a few threads but what confused me was someone listed a new pricing list ofr 2009 and there were way more than 3 packages listed. But on thier wbesite only 3 packages are listed.
I may just not bother with TV completely when I move as I already knocked down my ExpressVu from $70 to $45 to get what I want. But with Rogers I will be back up to paying close to the same again for a bunch of channels I don't want and not getting ones i would get with ExpressVu.
I mainly want the sports channels and music video channels really. But to get The Score I would be paying for VIP it seems. So $30 more just for one channel really. Kind of a rip in a way.
I'll decide on no Tv or no phone. Just use my cell phone after 7pm weekdays. That way I put that savings to the expense of cable.

2009-02-23, 09:14 PM
Some of the prices in that list of Rogers new pricing for March 2009 is grandfathered and not available to new customers.

Basic cable is certainly a lot less, however, the channels in your original post are not available there, or are associated with other channels and are not available a-la-carte.

Vegas01
2009-02-23, 09:17 PM
Sucks then that I will be shelling out more for cable than I was for satellite. That is nuts and so unfair but hey that is what happens when the cable companies have a monopoly. No direct competition, just from Bell Tv and Star choice but that is limited depending on where you live.
Hopefully the place move to has Bell Tv equppied for the building or I will go without either phone or TV for the forst time ever.
But would be a nice savings.

2009-02-23, 09:23 PM
It's usually the people who switch providers (or threaten to switch) that can negotiate the best deals. The ditch the dish along with some good negotiating on your part with Rogers should get you the channels you need for less than you're paying at BTV.

windows7
2009-02-24, 12:57 AM
I see on the Bell TV forum, a lot of people encourage and try to threaten to leave when speaking to a "retentions dept." CSR and sometimes you can negotiate a good deal.

I've never tried, since I'm not "gutsy" in that sense, but IDK if anyone has ever tried it w/ Rogers. lol I honestly think they'd tell you to go take a hike (...not in those words, of course). :p

Is a retention dept. a Bell-only thing?

There's been previous posts/threads on the lackluster website and mistakes on packaging. I give ya credit for taking a chance on it.

2009-02-24, 01:07 AM
Rogers also has a retentions department that people have used successfully.