: How to cancel Rogers?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

7FC
2009-02-20, 10:37 PM
Does anyone know any penalty to cancel Rogers cable. Any advance notice needed?

There should be a sticky on how to cancel Roger cable service.

DSgamby
2009-02-20, 10:45 PM
How about just going to Rogers' site and clicking on Terms and Conditions link and then click on the Terms Of Service Link and read the Terms of Service and it will tell you what you need.

travisc
2009-02-20, 11:27 PM
Traditionally, the way to cancel service is to pick up the phone and call them. Then you will fight through the retentions department and make your escape.

I don't think it's so complicated as to need a sticky.

rRep
2009-02-20, 11:54 PM
Penalty to pay under the following conditions:

You're on a promotion and you cancel before the promotion ends. You will pay back the amount you saved on the promotion. No maximum charge unless otherwise indicated.

You're on a promotion with a specific ECF. In this case, you pay back either a) the amount you've saved thus far to a specific amount or b) pay a flat rate (usually $20-$25 per month remaining).

You're on MHA (My Home Advantage). Each of the three offer an ECF of $20 or $25 (Can't remember which) per month remaining to a maximum charge of $200. This is regardless of the 1yr or 2yr, and regardless of what changes you made that canceled the plan.

You're on a BCB (NOT the grandfathered ones, which there are few remaining). You'll pay back the amount saved so far to a maximum of $100 in year 1, and to a maximum of $50 in year two. This amount is per service.

Other than that, you're free to cancel with the 30 days notice. Call 888ROGERS1, tell the agent you're looking to cancel.. we'll ask why, you'll tell us your reason, we review the acct (Past due accts go straight to A/R, so make sure you're current) -- if you're in good standing you'll be offered such and such a promo. If you're looking to just end it there, tell the agent 1) personal reasons or 2) moving out of Rogers territory (usually NS, PEI, MB, up north, or Quebec will suffice). We'll set the disconnect in the system, you'll be given the option of a truck picking up your equip or you can return it to the store.. shouldn't take more than 10 minutes on an average day.

onin411
2009-02-26, 07:27 PM
Supposed to give them a minimum of 30 days in writing, but calling them will work as well.

rRep
2009-02-26, 10:20 PM
You cannot terminate by writing.. you must speak always with the Customer Relations department unless you port your telephone number out or call to cancel portable internet. Rogers wants a chance to save the customer.

bob318
2009-02-28, 08:17 AM
Any Penalty if I cancel the rogers cable in the first 30 days by unsatisfy? do I need to pay $400 max for the commitment? Thank you

foggy182
2009-02-28, 01:56 PM
I own the Rogers SD box. I am thinking of going to Bell and HD. Would Rogers retentions swap out my SD box for an HD box in order to keep me?

rRep
2009-02-28, 06:34 PM
@ bob318 -- what package did you take that has a 400$ ECF?

If you were on a promo, you only have to pay back the amount you saved.. so if the promo was 56.97 for VIP, you're only gonna end up paying $5 or so.

@ foggy182 -- You OWN the box? We cannot give you a free HD box in exchange.. I can see maybe a free year of an HD box including Digital Service fee (12.95 + 2.99 value), but that requires a year comittment.

bob318
2009-02-28, 07:04 PM
I just join the basic cable for $32 a month However that is a commitment require. So is that mean I cant cancel my tv or pay the penalty?
*Offers cannot be combined. New to Cable TV customers. 12 month minimum commitment required. Early cancellation fee may apply. 1Price applicable for the first 6 months.Offer expires February 1, 2009. All installation appointments that occur after October 16th, 2008 will be subject to a charge of $49.99 per visit.

rRep
2009-02-28, 07:28 PM
From what I remember with that promotion, you'd only have to pay back the amount you saved.. so not a great deal if you're cancelling this early. Cx relations is closed now, but they're open on Sunday 'til 5PM.. give them a call and see what is told to you.

7FC
2009-03-01, 07:33 PM
Why do we need 30 days advance notice?

rRep
2009-03-01, 07:56 PM
Gives an opportunity for you to change your mind, and gives us an opportunity to offer you something to stay.

7FC
2009-03-03, 08:10 PM
I am planning to get out of Roger beause their signal at Ottawa is bad since Nov 2008.

I kept missing channels such as nbcw around 7pm..abc,cbs etc. It is not the wire not the box, it is because roges over sold their bandwidth.

what could Roger do. for he last six months?? some improvements but not enough.

travisc
2009-03-03, 10:13 PM
It has nothing to do with Rogers "overselling the bandwidth". That doesn't apply to TV channels, only to Internet speeds. There may be some validity if you were talking about switched digital video channels, but I can't see them putting networks on SDV and I don't even know if it's active in Ottawa yet.

rRep
2009-03-03, 11:48 PM
@ 7FC - Did you pursue the issue with Rogers prior to the decision to cancel? Often times if there's a long work history on the acct, they'll be more willing to accomodate you if you're going to encounter any sort of contract cancellation.

boink
2009-03-05, 01:50 AM
I don't think rogers as a whole in ottawa is experiencing what you are. I live in ottawa and have friends accross the city and I have not heard anything like that at all.

maybe a very localized thing?

7FC
2009-03-05, 10:34 AM
I am giving them up if they could not fix their problem. They are sending yet another technician.

gobe
2009-04-15, 04:31 PM
Anyone know what's the penalty for terminating the commitment prior to the 24 months period ?

Trying is get info from Roger website is like pulling teeth. Aggh!!

hugh
2009-04-15, 04:36 PM
see post #4