: Important Things with Demetrai Martin

hugh
2009-02-13, 03:28 PM
Important Things with Demetrai Martin premiers Wednesday, Feb. 18 at 10:30 p.m. ET/PT on the comedy network.

Stand-up comedian, actor, and Emmy-losing writer Demetri Martin brings his unique brand of observational and surreal humour to The Comedy Network. Created and executive produced by Martin, the show is a 30-minute comedy series that mixes stand-up, sketches, animation, studio bits, and music. Each very important episode explores one important subject like “Power”, or “Safety” or… “Chairs”!

In the premiere episode, “Timing,” Martin explores the subject of…yup, timing. It includes a sketch about a man who uses time travel to meet women, a sketch about an actor with terrible timing, plus cartoons, jokes, and a performance piece that all relate to…again, timing. In later episodes, Demetri invites friends David Cross (ARRESTED DEVELEPMENT), Amanda Peet (Saving Silverman), and Martin’s THE DAILY SHOW colleague John Oliver, to help him reinforce or illustrate the meaning of various important things.

Demetri has brown hair. He is allergic to peanuts. Martin is also planning to clean up his apartment some time in 2009.

Nuje
2009-02-13, 11:33 PM
He was a writer on Conan O'Brien as well, and was a Daily Show "Trendspotting" correspondent.

He also had a lot of time on his hands on day, penning this 246-word palindrome (from slate.com):

Dammit I'm mad.
Evil is a deed as I live.
God, am I reviled? I rise, my bed on a sun, I melt.
To be not one man emanating is sad. I piss.
Alas, it is so late. Who stops to help?
Man, it is hot. I'm in it. I tell.
I am not a devil. I level "Mad Dog".
Ah, say burning is, as a deified gulp,
In my halo of a mired rum tin.
I erase many men. Oh, to be man, a sin.
Is evil in a clam? In a trap?
No. It is open. On it I was stuck.
Rats peed on hope. Elsewhere dips a web.
Be still if I fill its ebb.
Ew, a spider… eh?
We sleep. Oh no!
Deep, stark cuts saw it in one position.
Part animal, can I live? Sin is a name.
Both, one… my names are in it.
Murder? I'm a fool.
A hymn I plug, deified as a sign in ruby ash,
A Goddam level I lived at.
On mail let it in. I'm it.
Oh, sit in ample hot spots. Oh wet!
A loss it is alas (sip). I'd assign it a name.
Name not one bottle minus an ode by me:
"Sir, I deliver. I'm a dog"
Evil is a deed as I live.
Dammit I'm mad.