: Obama Historic Coverage On On Demand

SensualPoet
2009-01-21, 08:43 PM
This is pretty cool.

Rogers, on ch 100 Rogers On Demand, is running repeat coverage of the Obama Inauguration. There is HD coverage from CBC Newsworld (commentary with Peter Mansbridge) and SD coverage from CNN (commentary from the usual cast of characters like Wolf Blitzer, John King, etc). There's a pointer, as well, to HBO Canada on ch 308 (but you have to be a subscriber to see it).

Regardless of political persuasion, the passing of power from Bush to Obama, from white to black, from (but don't get me started) ... most people in the US and around the world regard this as a major historic event in our lifetimes. I work during the day like many of us here; it's really nice to have the opportunity to see (or review) the ceremony -- from a Canadian and a US news point-of-view -- on demand. And in HD, no less.

I am sure there are YouTube clips of this; but to be able to watch the whole 90 minute thing, from two leading broadcasters, free, On Demand, in HD or at least on the big screen home TV at our leisure ... well, like I said, that's very cool.

Maybe the future arrived when I wasn't looking. :D

penguin44
2009-01-21, 09:08 PM
I wanted to watch this, but ROD is unavailable, in fact all my OD channels are. Wonder what is up?

SensualPoet
2009-01-21, 09:28 PM
Really? I am watching now. I'm in downtown Toronto. Have you tried a cold reboot of your box? Did you call Rogers to ask?

Obama's speech was sobering and a reminder of why he's such a different politician -- at least in public manner.

Angela V
2009-01-23, 04:42 AM
My husband was happy when I told him I found the Obama free to watch on HD in the on demand area. He had to work and had only seen clips in the news.

boink
2009-01-23, 01:01 PM
meybe this is one of the "enhancements" as to why cable rates are going up?

lolz, j/k:D

it was nice to be able to watch it though, I was stuck at work:(

Paolo
2009-01-24, 05:18 PM
theres two "ON" 's in the post title, why/

kav2001c
2009-01-25, 12:27 PM
I do think it is really nice they have it on demand, although I hardly think it is historic just because the US is slower than most nations to elect a minority, it has already happened in other countries.