: signing up w/ Rogers

mrkyo
2009-01-17, 05:34 PM
Hi,

I am looking to sign up w/ rogers after moving into my new home. I personally don't watch TV usually, but my parents do, but all they need is fairchild TV. Anyways, i just have a couple question after searching this forum.

1. It seems that I need to sign up for basic digital (since most likely rogers won't offer analog services), then I have to ask to add fairchild (about $15) to the package. Is that the cheapest/least expensive way to get fairchild?

2. We only need one TV in the living room, and my parents would like TV in their bedroom as well. Can i just the use a cable splitter? Or I just use the TV outlet in the bedroom?

Thanks again for the informative comments.

hugh
2009-01-18, 09:44 AM
1. Yes. You need to subscribe to the basic package prior to anything.
2. Yes for analog channels. If you want digital channels in the bedroom you will need a second digital box

mrkyo
2009-01-21, 02:50 PM
^

thanks for confirming that.

I just have basic digital installed today. However, rogers rep told me that I need to upgrade to Ultimate in order to get fairchild due to the fact i am in scarborough. Basically they're telling me that I can't just get fairchild tv by JUST ordering basic digital service, is that true?

thanks again.

boink
2009-01-23, 12:59 PM
in scarborough yes