: Picture Sound Breakup on CNN?

AKFubar
2009-01-16, 02:44 PM
I usually enjoy great reception but lately on and off over the last couple of days I've noticed a lot of stuttering, pixelation, choppiness on CNN (Rogers Ch33) on both audio and video. I am on Roger SD (SA3290). Anyone else seeing this?

Thanks

2009-01-16, 02:52 PM
Have you checked your signal strength and S/N ratio? Have you performed a cold reboot? Have you tried removing upstream splitters? See:

http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=17719

dmbfan
2009-01-16, 11:57 PM
I'm having the same problem on CNN...just for the last day or two. I've noticed it with a few other channels, too. No changes have been made to my setup...Rogers must be having some issues on their end.

AKFubar
2009-01-19, 07:35 PM
It's happening again tonight on CNN, TCM, RSO and others. This is the first incident since my last post. It has the problem for a while then the problem just disappears. I'm pretty sure it's not my set up too or it would be more frequent.

AKFubar
2009-01-20, 05:16 AM
Stopped again just shortly after 8:00pm and all remained good for the balance of my TV viewing. I'm pretty sure this is coming from Rogers this way. This incident lasted approx 2hrs. It may be localized to the neighbourhood infrastructure or possibly the junction on the line coming in to the gray box from the pole at the pole end.

When we switched to digital TV and Home Phone in the fall we had all of the cable in the house and the splitter replaced with new, the connectors replaced in the gray box outside and all was stable with good service for quite a while. That's what makes me think it is something either at the Rogers source or in the local infrastructure. I am located right in the downtown core near Spadina and College Sts.

lasertoronto
2009-01-23, 01:05 AM
The same thing was happening on CNN HD