Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums - View Single Post - Adding a SATA Drive To Pace HDPVRs.
View Single Post
post #104 of (permalink) Old 2009-08-08, 09:50 PM
CHrisCHu

1TB HDD confirmed

Just picked up my 2nd Pace 776D box (2nd as in for another room, not for replacement) today from my local Shaw (Vancouver) and also picked up the parts to build my external HDD from NCIX (nGear USB/eSATA 3.5" aluminum box $29 and Hitachi 1TB $70 after rebate, both on sale). The only reason I picked up a 1TB drive instead of something bigger is simply because of price (cf $139CDN for 1.5TB on sale).

The new Pace box is running SW ver 75.73 and Firmware version 13.56.

From the 22 DVR STATUS page

:
:
DRIVE TOT SIZE REM SIZE EST TIME LEFT
----------- --------- --------- ----------------
1 (media) 990GB 990GB (100%) 733/200 hours
:
:

From the 23 HDD STATUS page
SERIAL NUMBER : STF604.....................
MODEL NUMBER : Hitachi HDT721010SLA360
LOCATION/TYPE : EXTERNAL / SATA
FRAGMENTED/MAX FILES : 0 / 0
TOTAL SIZE : 1000gb
:
:

So far everything seems to work fine. I have about 7 hours worth of recordings on the internal drive and recording both tuners on HD channels right now (have about 1 hour total so far) and at the same time watching and cueing previous recordings from either drive seem fine so far (touch wood).

FYI, I go for the rental program for the HDDVR box because:

1. all rental box are Pace and I don't want to wait for external HDD capability with the Motorola,
2. I don't want to deal with warrantee expiring in 3 years (I've had STBs failed on me after warrantee period before),
3. and I want to have the option to change box if something newer/better comes up.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome