Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

Panasonic TC-60CX650U & Marantz SR-7002 Issues

3K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  jasonreg 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi all, this new 4K UHD TV arrived and I eagerly swapped it in to replace my previous Sony KDL-52XBR4 in the family room. The tv was/is fed by a powered HDMI cable running to the basement into a Marantz SR-7002 - various feeds into the AVR including Rogers PVR, DVD, Apple TV etc. Sound comes through the AVR into a series of ceiling mounted speakers in the family room - picture to the TV.

Problem is with no other changes (other than TV off the wall, TV back on the wall) I have lost sound from the AVR to the speakers. Video is excellent just no sound. TV produces sound internally from it's app (Netflix and the like). There is a "No Data" displayed on the Marantz display window with the TV Input selected.

I have ensured HDMI audio is set to "ENABLE" in the Marantz settings and have checked many other settings to no avail.

Suggestions?

#2 ·
I'm presuming it's just the TV input that doesn't produce sound from the receiver?

Sounds like you are wanting to use ARC (Audio Return Channel) to have the TV's audio for apps be directed to your receiver.

A few tips:

- Make sure you plugged in the HDMI cable to the ARC-enabled HDMI input on the TV (there's usually only one).

- Set the TV to use external speakers and/or enable Audio Return Channel (ARC). Should be in the TV's Audio settings.

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

#3 ·
Hi - thanks for the reply. While I do want this feature I cannot do this with the SR7002. I do have an SR7005 with this functionality in the HT area so I could swap and test.

That said, I have lost the sound entirely from the AVR/Ceiling speakers when trying to watch cable TV. The Rogers PVR is connected to the Marantz via HDMI and the Marantz is output to the TV via HDMI as well as connected to the ceiling speakers. Previously I had not issues with sound from speakers and video on TV with the Sony panel. With the Panasonic panel installed I have exceptional video quality but no sound from either the TV or (more importantly) from the speakers.

#5 ·
Well - having given up on the SR7002 I swapped in my SR7005. Now I have great sound (when TV is off) on the cable input and only sound for BD.

I had tried another monitor (small Samsung SyncMaster T260HD) and could see both sound and picture on BD, sound only on TV (Cable).

I am assuming this is some kind of Handshake thing but it is driving me crazy. Suggestions?

HELP!

#6 ·
Here's the FAQ on HDMI Issues, perhaps it'll help, or the link in post 2 of the FAQ about things to check will - like the HDMI cables. What is the length of the cable to the TV and what gauge is it?

See item 28 - make sure you turn on the Pioneer first, or try various components in various orders. Also, turn off the HDMI-CEC feature on all equipment if you're not using it - item 4.

http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/30-57s-home-theatre-faqs/71112-faq-hdmi-comments-issues.html

If you're using a Harmony remote, try using the original remotes and leave a few seconds between turning any components on.

#7 ·
Thanks 57 - I have tried most of these without success. Here is what I can tell. I have (previous owner installed during build) about a 75foot run from the utility room where all the wires are terminated to the location of the TV. There is a spool of wire left so I am guessing they used a 100 foot run. The markings on the wire (is it not that thick) are:

100 foot AWM E89980-A SUNF PU STYLE 20276 80c 30V VW-1 HDMI CABLE.

I am guessing this is pretty original spec standard speed, likely without Ethernet but I cannot really find too much info on the cable spec. This was done in 2007/2008. At the TV end there is a powered (what I am assuming to be) amplifier the cable plugs into, in turn a separate cable runs to the TV.

As previously mentioned, the system worked fine for the Sony 1080 panel but not now. That said, the signals being sent have not changed - just the panel (and now the receiver).

Am I missing a setting in AVR somewhere? Or is this panel just not compatible with the older wiring?

#8 ·
OK - now that I have had some more coffee, I thought I would take another look. In keeping with the HDMI FAQ reference simplifying things, I connected the HDMI cable directly to the Rogers PVR (9865) and I have both excellent picture quality at 1080i and sound direct to the TV. (I had tried this yesterday but I think it was when the HDMI power amplifier (if that is what it is) became unplugged and after discovering that I guess I did not retrace my steps.

So, I am back to this being some kind of issue with the Marantz receiver (SR7005). I hope someone can offer some help.

Thanks in advance,

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.