Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

The DPP44 switch

182K views 383 replies 92 participants last post by  ExDilbert 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
A DPP44 switch will also give you four outputs however requires the lnb(s) to be DPP twin, DP singles, DP duals, DP twin or a DP quad. Just like the DP34 it only requires two lines into the switch to get 82 and 91.

This switch just like the DPP twin allows you to use a DPP separator(s) for dual tuner receivers. Therefore it is possible to have 4 receivers regardless if they are dual tuner. Another advantage of DPP technology is that legacy receivers work as long as you have one DP or DPP compliant receiver hooked up.

This receiver requires a power adaptor to be hooked up on port one. Unfortunatly the DPP44 is the most expensive switch and are very rare to find in Canada for sale. It will cost you around $100 or more after shipping, duty etc.

This switch has four inputs from four different orbital locations if that matters to you.

#153 ·
I doubt there will be any real difference if they are to be used for 91 & 82 reception, they might just be different manufacturers part numbers.

I also doubt there will be any appreciable speed difference when switching channels on Bell TV.

If they are BOTH DPP44's then they must meet a spec somewhere, so treat them as identical would be my suggestion.

I will have to look at my DPP44's see what odel they are. They are just DPP44's to me.

Edit;

Using Google 142350 looks as though the casing is painted Gray, whilst 121252 is chrome.

#154 · (Edited)
dpp44 switch

Hi,
Are They not used for the Dish Pro LNBs for Bev and Dishnet? And isn't there as Difference between the two Models and which one is the Newest Model?What does the Newest Model do that the older one doesn't?Is there different Dish Pro LNBs or newer ones? Please let e know. Thank you in advance.

Ted+ :confused:
P.S. The two Models are 142350 and 121252
If anyone has more info on these two DPP44 switches or which one is newer Please let me know. Thank you.

#155 ·
The DPP44 is used on DP & DPP LNBF's.
They are used by Dish Network.
They are NOT used by Bell TV, they are NOT approved or supported.
I see no difference between them except the finish.
I have no idea which is newer.
DPP LNBF's are newer than DP LNBF's.

#156 ·
They are NOT used by Bell TV, they are NOT approved or supported.
And by not supported he means by Bell TV, Bell TV tech support, Bell TV installers etc. The firmware on the receivers do support dp and dpp so they work with bell receivers.

I had a hard time to get a 2700 working with my DPP44 last week (had to run checkswitch multiple times to get both sats), although the 2700 worked flawless with a dp legacy adapter and a dp34.

#158 ·
DPP 44 with 4-2700 1-6100 1-9241

Hello. I have done alot of reading in the last few days, and I am still needind some more info

Here is my set up(or i hope)

1 - 9241
1 - 6100
4 - 2700

I am hoping to run a DPP twin and 2 DPP44 switches along with a DPP seperator for the 9241.

My first question is will this work?? Next is there any order i should put the receivers in, Thans for the help

#160 ·
DPP or DP twin

I want to install a DPP44 switch so each of the 4 outputs can feed either dual-tuner receiver (with separator) or a single tuner for Bell 82/91.

Should I use a DPP (DishProPlus) twin or DP (DishPro) twin LNB? Pros/cons ?

Despite reading the threads I am confused as to what added bonus the DPP "Plus" adds with the DPP44 switch.

#161 ·
You need to use the DPP switch because the DPP seperator wil not work with just a DP switch.

As for LNBs, if you are going to buy single LNB heads, there is no such thing as a DPP dual LNB only DP dual LNBs, but they will work just fine as long as they are going into a DPP44 switch. If you are going to buy a twin LNB head you can buy either a DP Twin or a DPP Twin as they both will work going into a DPP44 switch.

So in a quick summary you must have a DPP44 switch, but you can use any type of DP or DPP LNBs that are available as long as they are going to your DPP44 switch.

#163 ·
I would read QCK's post again, Altaman, he never says there is no such animal as a DPP Twin LNBF....... He does say there is no such thing as a DPP Dual, which is correct.

#165 ·
Moving

Hi,
I apologize I might have lots of questions but im totally new to this. Presently I have 4 receivers 2 HD and 2 SD connected on SW44 switch.My dish has 4 coax cables running inside the apartment going to SW44
I am moving to my first 3 storey townhouse and is actually being built right now. I have 5 cables distributed inside the house.All cables meet at the basement unfinished area. The South West side of the house is at the back.
I would assume that line of sight can already be attained when dish is instlled on the wall anywhere in the exterior wall of the second floor area and upward to the tip of the roof. (I think its PVC coated exterior) . Cables migh run down directly to the basement exterior wall (because only half of the basement is buried underground) and a hole might be drilled on the wall to penetrate inside directly to the basement unfinished area. Total cable run maybe approx 15 meters times 4 (from dish to central switch).
My question is:
Will Bell provide installation of the 4cables from dish to basement?
If ever they will drill the hole how will they insulate this?
Since Bell usually connects 1 to 2 receivers for free will they provide cabling from the SW44 to a receiver located in the basement?
Since I would have 5 receivers will I need another Switch ( I think I have spare SW21 if I remeber right) ?will it be free? Does the Technician configure the 2 switches install at least 1 receiver and I will activate the rest?
Im trying to lower down any cost possible. Contractor is a bit pushy on providing the cables from basement to dish at 60 dollars each times 4 cables so 240 dollars plus tax. Do you guys think this is better.

#166 ·
On a "Move Order" Bell will install the Dish mount an SW44 at the rear of the Dish and run 1 line to 1 receiver anywhere in the house, for FREE. After that it is $50 per line. So to install the 2 HD & 2 SD you have now would cost you an extra $150.

Then you want to add a 5th Receiver/Tuner. Have a read through this thread;

http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/showpost.php?p=681706&postcount=1

#168 ·
If you are paying to install 4 receivers/tuners, then yes the Tech will or should mount the SW44 in the basement. If you are only getting the "Free Move Promo", then he will put it behind the Dish, as he will not be paid for the extra lines.

#171 ·
Is anyone running a 3100 with a DPP44? Trying to setup a friend and I can only get odd transponders on 91 and 82. Firmware and card are latest.

His 9200 and 9242 show even and odd just fine on the same cable.

I setup a temp dish with a legacy LNB and get Even and Odd TPs no problem.

#172 ·
I have used a DPP44 with a 3100 no problem. Although I have 2 2700's of which 1 of them (a very old model with the old style AC cord) will not work with the DPP44 at all.

I know you know this, but did you run check switch? Run it with no DPP44 feed attached and with the feed attached.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.