Interchangeable Heads - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 2008-10-31, 07:50 PM Thread Starter
Rookie

Interchangeable Heads

Anyone know if the XM radio heads are interchangeable? Salesman couldn't tell if they were or not.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 2008-10-31, 10:48 PM

Please clarify the question

I'm not sure I understand exactly what you're asking here? What's a radio head? I think you're asking if you can buy a XM radio satellite receiving device separate from the amplification and output... presumably for a car?
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 2008-11-01, 01:00 AM Thread Starter
Rookie

Well, I purchased the Roady XT and was wanting to know if I purchase the Xpress EZ, can one move the head (receiver) from one vehicle to another. The reason I ask, it would be cheaper to purchase the Xpress EZ (29.99)than a second vehicle kit. I know other people of done similar with the Sirius.
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 2008-11-01, 09:17 AM
Veteran

I think if it's one of the newer "plug and play" models it should be.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 2008-11-03, 04:58 PM
Rookie

I have a Express RC in one car and a Roady XT in my wife's car. They are not interchangable. The docks and connectors are similar, but the shape is just different enough to prevent a swap.

AFAIK, the Express models are interchangeable.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 2008-11-12, 10:59 AM
Rookie

XM radios

Hi
I don't think this will work as you planned...
I have a roadyxt and bought the xpress kit also. The receiver does not fit exactly. You will have to transfer the little black plastic base piece also BUT the car kit with the roady has only 2 cables, the power and the fm antenna/transmitter. The xpress has 3 cables, the power, an antenna, and a third wire that attaches to the antenna directly.

As a home kit though,the roady will work with it if you remove the plastic cover from the base station that the xpress sits in.

You could install the car kit in the second car and use the xpress instead of the roady, as it will work with only the two cables attached in the first car, you will have to use the base thing with the xpress.

I dont like the xpress as much as the roady because it doesnt show the names of the songs being played on the other channels until you actually select them unlike the roady which you can scan the channels to see whats playing without interupting what you are listening to.

It was a simple matter to call xm and transfer the account from one radio to the other, and then back again once I decided I didnt like the xpress. Now I'm using the roady in the house and in the car.

I hope this helps

H

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.