I see my initial post gained traction! Some updates since early August:
- In mid-August I did an online chat with SiriusXM where they acknowledged an issue in Winnipeg on their end, and gave me a monthly credit of $20. I have the chat log, and I'll consider sharing if it helps anyone else.
- I put a similar post in Reddit, and got a number of responses there: https://www.reddit.com/r/Winnipeg/co...signal_issues/
- As of this writing, nothing has improved for me. Same areas throughput the city: Yep, Concordia Overpass is a bad one! St Mary's @ Bishop, the parking lot at Southglen Shopping Centre, etc, etc, etc. Spots that were all fine until some time between July 15 - 17, then it all went to sh*t.
- I did have my antennae checked out by Crown Nissan. No issue to report, but they would consider replacing it if I wanted to for $900. lol.
- Yesterday I did another online chat, with worse results than last time. No credit was given, because I was first told the Winnipeg issue was resolved in August: "We would like to advise you that we have checked with our technical team that there is no any technical issuer reported or effecting the signal in WINNIPEG, MB. We used to have an issue which is already
resolved by the end of August." After a back and forth with "Sam", I was told they "will escalate this case to the concern team who will investigate in this case further for you, and they will reply back with in the next 3 to 5 business days." I have the chat transcript, if it helps anyone.
I think colinpeddle might be on to something about interference with cellular provider nodes. The date mentioned in this thread could just be a coincidence, but that's right around the time I started having cutouts: https://community.bellmts.ca/mts/top...has-access-why