SiriusXM adds 75 new streaming channels - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By Dr.Dave
  • 1 Post By Mr.6

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 2017-10-12, 09:59 AM Thread Starter

SiriusXM adds 75 new streaming channels

SiriusXM expands streaming service with 75 new curated channels

SiriusXM Canada today announced the addition of 75 new specialty music, talk and sports channels to its SiriusXM Streaming service, available now to subscribers through the SiriusXM app, online and through other connected devices.

For the full lineup of new channels, please visit siriusxm.ca/siriusxmstreaming2017 or explore the channels online now at siriusxm.ca and through the SiriusXM app.

-----

I noticed that when you click on SiriusXM Streaming | SiriusXM.ca, they currently have a promo for $30.00 For the first 6 months ($15.99 every month thereafter.)
Lee Anne likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 2017-10-12, 02:06 PM

The majority will likely play the same songs as the other channels, in a different order. I gave up on Sirius a long time ago.

"A bank is a place that will lend you money if you can prove that you don’t need it"
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 2017-10-12, 02:17 PM
Veteran

Seems like they are getting away from their original purpose. With the proliferation of streaming, particularly in cars, I wouldn't be surprised if the satellites are eventually discontinued.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 2017-10-12, 03:39 PM
Rookie

Howard Stern keeps them alive.
Shootmaster_44 likes this.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 2017-10-13, 12:43 AM
Veteran

SiriusXM will have a tough time going head to head against Pandora for customers. Their only advantage is the satellites. I'm guessing but they are probably increasing streaming stations to counter a loss of customers to streaming services over mobile data. I had SiriusXM for several years but eventually decided to switch to an on demand streaming service like Google Music or Spotify once their Canadian catalogs improved. Another factor was that SiriusXM streaming was seriously flawed at the time. Maybe it's improved but they had a lot of work to do to improve reliability and a serious attitude problem toward streaming customers. SiriusXM is actually a good compliment to on demand streaming services since it has some music they don't and it works on the road where mobile data can be unreliable and expensive.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 2017-10-13, 06:02 AM

Yipee more streaming :eyeroll: I don't do streaming and my vehicle is not setup for it nor am do I want to subscribe to a cell phone network for my vehicle, which would cut in and out in rural areas. The beauty of SiriusXM is the uninterrupted signal, more stations should be added to the bird(s) to allow for both home and away sports broadcasts of all the leagues they carry. I rarely listen to anything but Howard Stern and sports on them anyhow.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 2017-10-13, 12:31 PM
Veteran

SiriusXM has close to double the satellite capacity (Sirius + XM) than is currently used. The problem is that the radios used by the Sirius and XM services used incompatible formats and the combined company had difficulty developing dual format receivers. Abandoning one of the formats would risk losing a lot of existing customers. That will eventually be resolved but there have been significant delays.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.