Sirius signal issues evening 13 Sept 2011? - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 2011-09-14, 09:22 AM Thread Starter

Sirius signal issues evening 13 Sept 2011?

Yesterday (13 Sept 2011) at about 4 or 5 pm and most of the night my Sirius radio was periodically loosing signal and my antenna has a clear view of the sky on top of my car roof. Did anyone notice or have issues as I am trying to determine if something with my antenna? Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 2011-09-14, 10:07 AM

I was in the car from 7am until 2am yesterday (minus stops for fuel and food, and about three hours from about 2pm-5pm) and had no issues at all.

TC-P54G25, JVC Receiver, Turbosound Impact 50 speakers, Turbosound Impact 110 Sub, Sony SA-WM500 Sub, Bell TV 9200
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 2011-09-14, 10:26 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for replying. Mine was fine all day driving. We had some heavy rains in Ottawa region and after that I seem to have the issues for the night. I checked in the morning and it seemed to have a good signal. Not sure if water is getting into the antenna, however, it is a new antenna (low profile one). I will have to check again tonight and see if poor signal. Can't easily change antenna to test as my sirus tuner is behind the dash connected to the car radio.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 2011-09-14, 12:40 PM

I had some intermittent reception issues myself last night around 730pm in Toronto with my car receiver. Nothing today though.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 2011-09-14, 03:01 PM

Could this have anything to do with the solar flare that took out Dish Network yesterday?
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 2011-09-14, 09:38 PM

I have a life time subscription on my truck radio and on the way to work lost signal at 7am.Then text on radio told me to call Sirius. All channels were showing unsubscribed channel message. At noon time radio text read sub update and it started working after that.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 2011-09-27, 12:12 PM
Rookie

Sirius Reception Issues in Calgary since Sunday

Has anyone else in Calgary had issues with reception at home with their Sirius radio? Up until Sunday (09/25/2011) it was working fine but it still out as if today (09/27/2011). I can get reception if I move the antenna outside and fifteen feet away from the house but this wasn't required before.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 2011-09-28, 12:35 PM
Rookie

Trouble in Calgary

Yes. I am having the exact same problem. I have contacted Sirius and they say it is my antenna. I have a new antenna and it will also not pick up the signal. All was working until Sunday. It will work outside but not inside.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 2012-04-16, 01:38 PM
Rookie

Sirius Reception in Calgary

Is anyone experiencing a degradation in reception in Calgary as of 04/14/2012? I have had my radio in the same position in my house for at least the last five years with no problems and full reception. On 04/14/2012 this all changed. A friend's radio is getting no signal at all.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.