BBC Radio 1 - GONE! - Page 2 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #16 of 86 (permalink) Old 2011-08-09, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Even if the iPlayer goes international, it says US and not Canada.
iPlayer has already gone international in several EU countries and this article says it will also be rolled out to US, Canada and Australia.

This is why I think there's no going back for Sirius. The Beeb want's to make more money by selling subscriptions directly.

Advertisement

post #17 of 86 (permalink) Old 2011-08-09, 11:31 AM
rob

I just used the "contact us" form. Its likely not going to go anywhere.
post #18 of 86 (permalink) Old 2011-08-09, 11:33 AM
rob

I disagree. Most of Sirius's lineup is crap that is available on our terrestrial radio stations. Definitely not worth paying for. I will be cancelling my subscription.
post #19 of 86 (permalink) Old 2011-08-09, 11:35 AM Thread Starter
Rookie

Quote:
iPlayer has already gone international in several EU countries and this article says it will also be rolled out to US, Canada and Australia.
Yeah but why just all of a sudden pull the plug? No warning, nothing. This is still ridiculous.

Also you'd think they would wait unitl they launched here otherwise people will just forget about it like someone else said. If the iPlayer was available NOW to subscribe too I probably would but it's not.
post #20 of 86 (permalink) Old 2011-08-09, 12:23 PM
Member #1

My suggestion is to email Al MacNevin the VP of Customer Experience at Sirius XM Canada regarding your concerns.

He has posted his email address before on the site letting members know that he is interested in your concerns.

Please be civil in your email.

His email is amacnevin@siriuscanada.ca
post #21 of 86 (permalink) Old 2011-08-09, 12:30 PM

Thanks for the contact information Hugh!

TBD yet again :)
post #22 of 86 (permalink) Old 2011-08-09, 12:54 PM
Veteran

I had already let my sub expire and have been getting the "please come back" offers regularly, but without the BBC and all the other channels I liked that they got rid of, all of my gear is going on kijiji ottawa.
post #23 of 86 (permalink) Old 2011-08-09, 01:04 PM
Rookie

I'm so annoyed !

I have contacted both Listener Services and Sirius XM Coporate in NYC. Apparently the decision has been made and is irreversible. All my complaining was to no avail. I made the point that it's not the music that I listen for, it's the DJ's. I have downloaded the TuneIn Radio app on my iPhone, I can listen to the entire Chris Moyles show on that, luckily I have unlimited data.
The really annoying thing was the complete lack of notice and no reason given. I would be surprised if it is in relation to the iPlayer as that is for iPad only and I thought TV only.
post #24 of 86 (permalink) Old 2011-08-09, 02:17 PM
Rookie

BBC 1 Gone, me too!

I can believe that the arrogant boneheads that operate Sirius/XM would cancel carrying BBC Radio 1... its not American!

I purchased a 3 year subscription last October when the free, 6 months demo that came with my new car expired. The only reason I ordered a subscription was because of the Radio 1 feed. I did this rather than installing an IPod bridge in car ($700+).

The terms and conditions portion of the online agreement clearly a state the Sirius/XM has the right terminate or substitute any station without notice or harm.

I contacted customer service, expressed my extreme disappointment, cancelled my account (no refund, so bye bye $250+) and called my car dealership and order the IPod bridge. Such is the right to terminate or substitute any station... without harm indeed!!!

twj
post #25 of 86 (permalink) Old 2011-08-09, 02:50 PM
Rookie

Bring back my bbc radio 1!!!

I too called to cancel this morning. They told me that they would be refunding my card the balance of the service I had paid for, giving me 2 free months, and removing my card info from file so that nothing would go on that card. They also informed me that because sooo many people were complaining that it very well may be back soon. And this was an English speaking person, not a person speaking faux, broken English!
post #26 of 86 (permalink) Old 2011-08-09, 02:55 PM Thread Starter
Rookie

I really hope they do bring it back. I'm guessing there are a LOT of upset people.
post #27 of 86 (permalink) Old 2011-08-09, 03:23 PM

Canned response from SiriusXm in regards to my email. Im sure everyone will get the identical response. Pathetic

"Thank you for contacting SiriusXM and we appreciate the time you have taken to contact us regarding BBC Radio 1 on Channel 15. We are sorry to learn that you are disappointed in the recent changes. We certainly understand your concern on this matter.

We appreciate comments and feedback for our programming. SiriusXM strives on making our programming the best radio has to offer. Music channels are made based on feedback from our listeners.

We apologize, BBC Radio 1 is no longer available on SiriusXM. We think you may come to enjoy similar music and hits previously heard on BBC Radio 1, on some of our other channels. You can hear Top 40 hit music on Hits 1 (Channel 2) or 20 On 20 (Channel 3), new alternative rock on Alt Nation (Channel 36), dance hits on BPM (Channel 51) and R&B Hits can be heard on The Heat (Channel 47). For a British perspective on the news you can listen to BBC World Service (Channel 118).

Please visit this link http://www.siriusxm.com/bbcradio1 for more information.

SiriusXM is a full service and support organization that realizes the key to success lies in providing outstanding customer satisfaction. It is feedback from customers that helps to evaluate our performance. Thank you for taking the time to express your comments. Your opinions and concerns will be helpful to us in improving our quality of service. Rest assured that your concern is forwarded to the appropriate department for consideration.

We regret any frustration this may have caused and we greatly appreciate your patience and understanding in dealing with this matter.

We are committed to providing you with the best in customer care. If you have any questions, feel free to reply to this email.

And you can always manage your account online 24/7 by clicking the link below.

http://www.siriusxm.com

Thank you,

Sheryl
SiriusXM Email Customer Care Team
1-866-635-2349"

TBD yet again :)
post #28 of 86 (permalink) Old 2011-08-09, 05:18 PM
Rookie

Angry BBC radio 1 on sirius

I'm pissed that Sirius dropped radio 1 in canada I only subscribed last week and mainly for the radio 1 channel. I complained and all they can say is that the same music on on other channels. I can listen to normal crap musi on my local radio. I subscribed so listen to the djs and guests. Moyles, mills, jo wiley etc and the music is good better than other channels playing similar music. I don't want similar. How do we complain and and get radio 1 back. Or I'm going to cancel this sucks
post #29 of 86 (permalink) Old 2011-08-09, 05:34 PM

Just called to cancel our two vehicles and the customer care individuals were unaware of the removal. The Xm website still shows the programming as well. Long story short.... got my bill reduced to $4/month with free internet streaming just to stay with them. I will see if I listen to any other stations.
post #30 of 86 (permalink) Old 2011-08-09, 05:50 PM Thread Starter
Rookie

I'm now forced to listen on my computer since the iPlayer doesn't work outside of the UK.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.