Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

SiriusXM Canada Pricing Discussions

239K views 486 replies 189 participants last post by  Hugh Jass 
#1 ·
Just wanted to post what I got for a renewal which was due.

I called and said I want to cancel:

Offer 1: $134.00 for the year and I said no.

The rep said she would look to see if some other deal

Offer 2: $53.00 for six months and I said no, I would rather pay for the
year with a lower cost.

The rep said hold on the phone and see what she could do.

Offer 3: $89.94 + tax for the year. Took it.

Nice representative. I have XM canada also and always seem to get a
better yearly renewal with Sirius. Always nice to deal with east coast representatives. :)

#5 ·
That is a good price, and the EXACT same price I paid for my renewal last year, down to the penny. So its obvious they have preset amounts they can offer. I think it came out to just under $107 with taxes and canadian royalty bs so closer to $8.90 per month everything said and done. Last year my bargaining was genuinly not knowing if I wanted to resign with the Stern unncertainty. Not sure what my excuse will be this year :) I suspect I'll have to cancel for a while and hope they come through with a similar offer. I'm not too sure they're keen on too many back to back retention deals.

#8 ·
Still good

Today I called --1'st rep says 3 months @$45 for renewal or ~$164/year
I explained I know there are better deals out there & I will cancel if thats the best they can do. Got passed to retention rep. Indicating I have extended several times in the past & I want good 1 year deal & iIknow of recent $89.94 deals . No argument or BS - "If thats what you want I'll give it to you" Even got $4 credit for remainder of current deal.
:)

#10 ·
I got one of their renewal specials, something like $20 for 4 months.

But they said the only way they could get it into their system was to also select a 'follow on' plan, which was a year at some stupid high price.

I said forget it, but the rep said I can call before the 'follow on' plan kicks in and cancel.

That's certainly what I'll do because there's no way I'll pay their list prices. Has anyone done this, got any advice?

#11 ·
You could try calling in and setting up the cancellation now before your promotion ends. I think you may then be able to get a yearly retention deal. Aim for the $89.94 + tax.

I had a month left before I renewed and I got the credit towards the $89.94 deal. So maybe your current credit would count towards it.

#13 ·
My yearly subscription was up today. I was on a promo code I had gotten off of this site last year that was $75 plus the government fee's and taxes. I got my renewal last month and they were offering me $164.89 plus fee's and taxes.

Call them up today, say I'm cancelling because its too expensive. I'm immediately offered the same deal I have now, plus I can pay for it in two instalments if I wish. Apparently this deal was only available for another week (I call bs).

Bottom line, they'll deal, and you can easily get it for under $100 a year.

#14 ·
I wonder what percentage of people push for a reduced rate. I guess if the percentage is not too big, Sirius figures 50% of rack rate is better than nothing.

#15 ·
Hugh I wonder the same thing. My wife worked for Telus Mobility for several years when we were in university and she always said not many people realize that you can call retentions and get much better than list deals. That's how they make money, off of people paying the face rates for products. I'm sure Sirius is the same.

#16 ·
Just spoke with customer Rep.
It's pretty easy getting a promo price
I kept getting 3 months for the price of 1, but you have to keep calling them every 3 month. What a pain!
She offered 50% for a full year, so I took that even though it was more expensive, but I get peace of mind for 1 year.

Homer

#17 ·
I just got off the phone with a Rep as well.
Getting any promo price is easy, just as homer_j mentioned, but I quoted the promo price of 89.94 + taxes and was told that offer expired March 31 at midnight. There was no way she could offer it until it becomes available again.

They offered $40 off 1 year subscription. Then 6 months for the price of 3, and then finally 3 months for the price of 1. She told me to take that with the hopes of a new promotion coming around after my 3 months were up.

In the end, I'm paying $16.38 for 3 months. If I deal with calling them 4 times this year, and take the 3 for 1 deal each time, a year subscription would cost me $65.52 including taxes and fees.

That's not to shabby!

#18 ·
AAARRRGGHHH!!!

Why do they make it so difficult? ...and inconsistent.

I've called twice in the last month to renew my sub which expires end of month but got nowhere.
Talked to several people and eventually cancellation dept where I asked again(nicely) if there were any deals at all to avoid me cancelling.

The last CSR did mention a "Music only" package for 10$/month which I declined and proceeded to cancel.

Sorry, had to vent a little after reading all these posts from people getting 50% off deals. ;)

#19 ·
$90 all in

I sent Sirius an email telling them I wanted to cancel at end of my subscription. They emailed back that I had to call to cancel so I did. I was offered a deal at just over $100 plus tax for the year and I told them I would consider it. I had removed my credit card info from my profile and was quite prepared to live without satellite radio and then I received my credit card statement with a charge of $196 from Sirius. I lost it and called them up and told them to reverse the charge immediately. During this call I was offered the $90 deal all in for one year. I took the deal along with their apologies for charging my credit card without my approval!

#20 ·
2 Offers today : 30$+tx for 6 months OR 75$ + tx for 12 months

Hi, my Free 1 Year service that came with my BMW expired today. I just called and they offered me those deal :

30$ for 6 months
75$ for 12 months

both plus taxes...

I'll have to call back because i'm not in the car to activate... but they keep a record of the offer in my account.

#25 ·
heres what i got on april 22 2011

after hearing the talk about the deals of what others were getting, i said to myself why not try getting a better deal,,

i got 1 year for half price,

to make the process quicker, i used the phone call option on there site and with in 3 minutes everything was completed, they asked me what radio i have( starmate5) and i told them that my renewal date is may 25 2011, if sirius can provide me with a great deal i will gladly renew if not, i regret to inform sirius that i will not be renewing my service after may 25 2011,

man were they quick, 1 yr at half off , canadian $$.

Turn up that Liquid metal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1