Delhi OTA Gear & Antennas - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #1 of 60 (permalink) Old 2005-06-28, 01:07 PM Thread Starter

Lightbulb Delhi OTA Gear & Antennas

I am thinking buying a "Super Flying Arrow" (SFA-1483S) from Wade Antenna and I would like to know if anyone is currently using this antenna.

Does the quality compare to Winegard or CM?

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 60 (permalink) Old 2005-06-28, 02:45 PM
OTA Forum Moderator

Here's the Wade UHF antenna lineup with that one up top:

http://www.wade-antenna.com/UHFantennas.htm

I don't have any experience with that model.
post #3 of 60 (permalink) Old 2006-01-28, 10:42 PM
Veteran

Looks like they just copied the Channel Masters 4221

How tall is that mast you got the antenna on Kevin?

CM 4221

post #4 of 60 (permalink) Old 2006-01-28, 11:54 PM

Yes, it looks identical to the 4221.

The mast is 20' I believe (didn't measure them - two sections), on top of a ~4' deck. I know what you are thinking - we will see what happens when we get our first wind storm!

It's anchored pretty good though. Metal strapping around the corner deck post in 3 spots, and I hole sawed about a half inch deep into the deck board for the mast to fit snug into as well. Here is another pic:

post #5 of 60 (permalink) Old 2006-01-30, 08:59 PM

Thanks for the link.

I am awaiting to hear what Wade has to say - I seem to get good reception on everything I should be getting, but I also want the best I can possibly get.
post #6 of 60 (permalink) Old 2006-01-31, 08:47 PM

Still awaiting a response from Wade

I added some braces to my mast tonight. I don't think it was going anywhere the way it was, but this will keep it from swaying an a more stead signal

post #7 of 60 (permalink) Old 2006-10-28, 06:01 PM

Wade-Delhi Preamplifier Model 476

Does anyone have any experience with the Wade-Delhi 476 Preamplifier? If so, does it perform well on UHF?

I checked the Wade website and its noise figures (7.0 dB on UHF) are higher than the CM and Winegard preamps. Does such a high noise figure make this preamp useless for UHF?

I live in Oakville (3rd Line and Upper Middle) and I want to install my new CM 4221 (bought it from www.sensuz.com) in my attic. I have approximately 100' of cable running from the top floor of my house to the basement, so I think a preamp is necessary for my situation.

I tested the 4221 from a window on my 2nd floor and, sure enough, the signal was pretty weak by the time it reached the SIR-T451 on the 1st floor. I then tested the antenna from the same window with a short cable run to a nearby analog TV and the results were fantastic (WB 49 analog came in nearly perfect).

The only reason that I am interested in the Wade-Delhi and not the other brands is that I know Nutech in Hamilton carries the Wade-Delhi.

If anyone knows of any local stores that have a good preamp in stock please let me know. I've made some calls and so far no luck, other than Nutech of course.

Thanks

Todd
post #8 of 60 (permalink) Old 2006-10-28, 06:23 PM

The noise figure is too high. Look for something around 2 dB or less.

The CM or Winegards are in this range.

I assume you are using RG6 cable.

By the way, I got my CM4228 and amp here:

RICH WERTMAN
R.W. ANTENNA SERVICE INC
6150 CROSBY RD
LOCKPORT,N.Y. 14094
716-434-9216
rwantsat@verizon.net
post #9 of 60 (permalink) Old 2006-10-29, 12:28 AM

Yes I am using RG6. I will contact RW Antenna about a good quality preamp. Thanks Intrac.
post #10 of 60 (permalink) Old 2006-11-10, 06:37 PM

I was going through the Wade website and I was wondering about the size of the 4bt-1483...

http://www.wade-antenna.com/Wade/UHF.htm
post #11 of 60 (permalink) Old 2006-11-11, 01:10 AM
OTA Forum Moderator

The Wade-Delhi 4BT-1483 is roughly 36 inches tall and 20 inches wide.
post #12 of 60 (permalink) Old 2006-12-04, 11:11 PM

Delhi ZIP-8 in Montreal?

Quote:
You could find it on www.wade-antenna.com But there's no gain chart...(Nothing usefull). Anyway I would not recommand it unless your in my situation.(Attic installation and I need Analog Low VHF for the other TV's). I would much more recommand a channel cut to VHF 13, 11 elements (There's also a 5 elements if space is a concern) you can have it at raybel they cost less than 100$ (If i remember well it's 65$ and 85$)
I still can't find it on the site (Delhi ZIP-8), you say you don't recommend it but you get 70% on ABC with it and i get 10%(so nothing) on ABC and we both live in St-Eustache. I'm on léveillé boul near the wallmart, so if you get good result i think would go for the same thing as you.
post #13 of 60 (permalink) Old 2006-12-05, 10:06 AM
Kro

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchmaN View Post
I still can't find it on the site (Delhi ZIP-8), you say you don't recommend it but you get 70% on ABC with it and i get 10%(so nothing) on ABC and we both live in St-Eustache. I'm on léveillé boul near the wallmart, so if you get good result i think would go for the same thing as you.
Here's the link http://www.wade-antenna.com/Wade/VIP...20Antennas.pdf
I bought it at MontCalme, he made a price (The puro sticker on the box was dated 2002!. By the way i'm near you i'm on Clément near the school au coeur du boisé.

10% on ABC mean that most likely you don't have a VHF antenna. If I would have had the choice (Not having old analog tv I would have bought a channel 13 cut antenna. By the way the channel 13 antenna will do the job if and when TVA is on 10.
post #14 of 60 (permalink) Old 2006-12-05, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kro View Post
You could find it on www.wade-antenna.com But there's no gain chart...(Nothing usefull). Anyway I would not recommand it unless your in my situation.(Attic installation and I need Analog Low VHF for the other TV's). I would much more recommand a channel cut to VHF 13, 11 elements (There's also a 5 elements if space is a concern) you can have it at raybel they cost less than 100$ (If i remember well it's 65$ and 85$)

What do you mean? The CM-4221 (UHF) and the Delhi (VHF) are join together using a UFH/VHF combiner. The loss is impercetible for UHF (I did not try the VHF alone).
Ok Kro I still can't find the Delhi zip-8 on the site, so if i understand you right it's that antenna(delhi) that gives you the ABC channel? You say that you don't recommand it but you get a 70%+ reception result and I get nothing so i would rather go for something that i know that works for a St-Eustache citizen like me.
post #15 of 60 (permalink) Old 2006-12-05, 04:23 PM

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.