Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

Kitztech NEW antenna OTA?

6K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Chiwaukee 
#1 ·
Hi all,

Please correct me if I should have posted this on an existing thread.

I just notice that Kitztech (the manufacture of per-amplifiers) has posted OTA antennas! This is the first time I see this and was very surprised. I guess Mr Kitztech wants to diversify a little his business ;)

Not much in specs:

UHF 470 to 700 Mhz
VHF-HI 174 to 216 Mhz

All 3 models are identical (in the pictures) but vary with per-amplifiers.

Kind of looks like the Clearstream 2Max.

2 loops and some reflector bars on the back. Doesn't look like VHF dipoles, too bad not enough pictures.

Has anyone have more info? Maybe computer model but without dimensions it would be hard.

KT-UHF TV Antenna

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
It's already in my TO-DO Queue, but don't expect it to perform very much different than any other Vertically Stacked Loops, such as A-D C2/C2Max (the world's Widest Bandwidth but Highest Cost, Lowest Gain Antennas) or the fol. DIY UHF Twin-Loop...which uses single Element Thickness, rather than Tapered Radius in C2 that slightly improves SWR and Beamwidth:
UHF "Figure-8" Twin-Loops + xxRR - OPT [Where Vertical Stacking Distance is Zero]

BTDT: I already did this exercise for Vertically Stacked Hi-VHF Loops, comparing IDEALIZED, Two Separate Feedpoints vs Interconnect using Twin-Lead [or other type] Transmission Lines vs Optimized, Variable HVH with Variable Stacking Distane:
V-Stack Hi-VHF Circular Loops

All I have to do is either ReScale and Re-Optimize the above model....or modify the above Twin-Loop (Figure-8) UHF Model to insert some VARIABLE HVH's (Holl_ands Vertical Harness) in-between the Two Loops, providing VARIABLE Vertical Separation and Re-Optimize the entire Structure....piece of cake....will get to it "soonish". Optimized Dimensions SHOULD be close to Kitztech's dimensions if they properly Optimized it....and if they're only different by a small amount there "should" only be a small impact anyway....

BTW: I've done quite a few Optimization of Vertically Stacked UHF Antennas using HVH....
Vertically Stacked UHF Antennas - ImageEvent

I've found that the Raw Gain varies only a SMALL amount as you vary the Separation Height....and there WAS more than one "Optimum" Stacking Distance...with ZERO being NOT all that different than Optimum. Although I normally prepare them for most/all Stacked Optimizations, in this particular Album, I decided to included the first SIX Charts to show this characteristic, where Variable Zmm is the Metal-To-Metal Vertical (Z-Axis) Separation for a Pair of mclapp M4 4-Bays:
http://imageevent.com/holl_ands/stacked/verticallystackeduhf/vstackm495x9doubleanglereflector

=========================================
I find it only somewhat TRAGIC to see Kitztech bundling one of the world's LOWEST PERFORMING Antennas with one of the world's HIGHEST PERFORMING Preamp.....(esp. Antenna with only a FEW Reflector Rods....you gotta be kidding me...I guess they're trying to REDUCE the F/B Ratio so it's more of a Quasi-Omni).

Since the High Cost, Highest Performance Preamp is ONLY needed in extremely Weak Signal Environments, it would make PERFECT Sense if their Preamp was bundled with some of the HIGHEST GAIN Antennas....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.