Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Ottawa - Riverside South
Tablo For OTA DVR Streaming
Picked up a Tablo three days ago and beginning to enjoy it a bit.
Here are the issues up front I have noticed:
When broadcasting on my Chromecast, the skip-forward-backward motions are extremely slow. The screen will take a good 10-15 seconds to resume which almost makes skipping commercials as slow as if I was watching them. When watching the show on my tablet the skip forward buttons are quick and responsive.
The application is also very unstable at times. Here are some of the issues I have noticed to date:
1) You can’t navigate too fast or it will crash. I’ve had to restart my tablet a few times for things to settle down.
2) For some reason, there are many shows where I cannot select the record all option. The button simply does not work.
3) When selecting shows to record, if you select a show from a previous season, it brings you back to the most recent season, every time.
4) I have changed my recording resolution three times to ‘standard’ and it keeps reverting back to 720p
Here are some much needed improvements:
1) Being able to resume a show at the same spot where you left it
2) Faster Skip forward functionality for the Chromecast
3) Displaying length of recording in the show description, before you launch it.
4) When displaying shows by channel, if the show also plays on a French channel, the episodes will be displayed on the English channel as well. It would be nice if we could apply recording constraints by show name, channel, new only.
6) Unable to skip backwards pause and skip forward on live tv. Is this a bug?
Here are my specs:
- New Modem (150 mps WIFI) with a 12 megabytes/sec bandwidth
- 1 terabyte western digital HD
- Two chromecast sticks
- Lenovo 1.2 ghz 4 cores, 1 GB ram video, 7 inch tablet
With these issues, I still will not be able to convince my wife and kids to abandon Bell TV.
Last edited by stampeder; 2014-07-11 at 03:18 PM.
Reason: later comment appended to this one