DHC OTA Members Meet: Kanata and Area - Page 21 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #301 of 316 (permalink) Old 2016-11-04, 12:54 PM
Rookie

I'm in as well. Thanks for organizing.
I'm the guy from the last meeting that suggested your meeting location and sent you pictures.

If you're taking requests, I like some info on ganging, combining antennas and if there's an advantage to it for the Ottawa area. I'm a happy and recent cord-cutter that would also like to get more info about why there are some days and some hours (weather phenomena at 8 pm?) where I'm struggling to get signal on certain channels. Or maybe ... the easiest way to ground an antenna?
If you're not taking requests, that's ok too. I'm sure I'll learn something.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #302 of 316 (permalink) Old 2016-11-04, 01:03 PM

Thanks for suggesting these topics. We need to know what interests folks! I'm sure we can cover what you need to know.

Thanks also for the location recommendation. It looks like it's going to suit us well.
post #303 of 316 (permalink) Old 2016-11-21, 04:57 PM

Thx for setting this up, DXer! Will be attending.

(But it seems like each new meeting place is getting further and further from my house )

post #304 of 316 (permalink) Old 2016-11-26, 06:57 PM

Reminder

A reminder that the next DHC OTA Members Meet is this coming Tuesday, 29th November 2016 at 7:30 pm in Lorenzo's Restaurant at 2201 Arch St, Ottawa
post #305 of 316 (permalink) Old 2017-02-16, 01:08 PM
Rookie

Thumbs down Missed OTA Members Meeting Tuesday, 29th November 2016

I checked this thread for months and months in 2016, and by late 2016 it appeared there would be no more OTA Ottawa meetings,
so I stopped checking.

Today, 16 February 2017, I did a spot check and discovered that there had been a meeting on 29th November 2016.

I wonder if attendance was low because other members also did not know about that meeting.

Surely there has to be a better way to inform OTA members about future meetings?
post #306 of 316 (permalink) Old 2017-02-16, 02:33 PM

Yes, the attendance was low, and recognized that it was probably due to people missing the posting. Consequently, we discussed alternative ways to publicize the meetings. We also discussed broadening the subject matter beyond just OTA - to include other methods of media transmission and consumption such as IPTV and SDR.

The way I ensure that I don't miss relevant thread postings, is to subscribe to the thread, and I get an email whenever anyone makes a new posting to the thread. Note that you need then to go and read the posting in the web interface, whilst logged in, otherwise you won't get any more email notifications: I found out the hard way when I missed news of a few years ago!

At the last meeting, we decided is that we would supplement the forum posting with a direct email to those interested. If you (or anyone else reading this) would like to receive a direct email from me when we schedule a meeting, please send me your email address by the site's private mail facility (now called "conversation" in the user interface) - don't post it in the open forum!

As a heads-up I am planning to schedule another meeting for late March, location TBD. As usual, I am looking for volunteers to make short presentations on relevant subjects (and I don't like having to twist arms!).

DXer.
post #307 of 316 (permalink) Old 2017-03-07, 07:49 PM

Next DHC OTA Members' Meet 28 March 2017

The next DHC OTA Members Meet will be held on Tuesday, 28th March 2017 at 7:30 pm in Lorenzo's Restaurant at 2201 Arch St, Ottawa, where we will have use of a large private room.

Please reply to this thread if you plan to attend. I have presentations on OTA experiences and Software Defined Radio lined up so far. If you would be willing to talk for five to fifteen minutes on something related to OTA, IPTV, or anything else you think would be of interest, please let me know by private message. I'd like to give the regular presenters a break, so please come forward! If you have reception issues you'd like to discuss, give me a heads-up, and I will ensure we have time to discuss that.

Hope to see you all again,
DXer
post #308 of 316 (permalink) Old 2017-03-07, 10:02 PM

I'll be there!
post #309 of 316 (permalink) Old 2017-03-10, 01:45 PM

Location: gatineau, pq /// cm-3022 attic mount /// roof-top cm-4220hd
will be there too.
is that the same location as last time?
post #310 of 316 (permalink) Old 2017-03-10, 02:16 PM

I've put it on my calendar... Thanks, DXer!
post #311 of 316 (permalink) Old 2017-03-11, 12:44 PM
Rookie

Thanks DXer for all your work in organizing the OTA Members' Meet 28 March 2017.

I followed your advice and got the email alert about the meeting.

I look forward to seeing everyone again.

"Two antennas meet on a roof, fall in love and get married. The ceremony wasn't much, but the reception was excellent."
post #312 of 316 (permalink) Old 2017-03-20, 11:32 AM
Rookie

Location: Kanata-(N-Beaverbrook) - a Stealth Hawk gets all local channels
Thanks for organizing this DXer.

I shall be there.

W
post #313 of 316 (permalink) Old 2017-03-27, 12:03 AM

Reminder of next DHC Members' Meet in Ottawa

REMINDER: The next DHC OTA Members Meet will be held this coming Tuesday, 28th March 2017 at 7:30 pm in Lorenzo's Restaurant at 2201 Arch St, Ottawa
post #314 of 316 (permalink) Old 2017-03-28, 04:00 PM

Is anyone interested in OTA invited?
post #315 of 316 (permalink) Old 2017-03-28, 04:05 PM

Yes, it's open to anyone, whether member of DHC or not!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.