voip.ms discussion - Page 187 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #2791 of 2800 (permalink) Old 2015-12-19, 01:49 PM

True. I guess the university might not have their qos set for me. :-)

Sent from my phone. Spelling misturks caused by large thumbs.

Antennas Direct C2V antenna pointed @ curved building NE. DB4e pointed SSE. Cable free since May 2011.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2792 of 2800 (permalink) Old 2016-01-07, 01:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamerGuy View Post

YAY for cheap phone and "free cell phone service".
How do you get 'free cell phone service'?
post #2793 of 2800 (permalink) Old 2016-01-07, 12:11 PM
Veteran

By using a VoIP app on the phone with WiFi. It only works when WiFi is available. It can save a lot of money on some WiFi plans.

post #2794 of 2800 (permalink) Old 2016-01-08, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fovea View Post
How do you get 'free cell phone service'?
I use what's called a 'softphone' app on a cell phone, CSipSimple in my case. You set the softphone up with your VOIP services info, and as mentioned, as long as you get a WiFi signal, you have "a free cell phone". (Note the quotes as it is not a "cell" service per'se, but it is mobile.)

With Shaw Go WiFi as prevalent as it is in Victoria I'm never too far from a signal. (And here I use to rail against paying for a service I had no need for...)

I'm not really "a phone guy". It's just a handy addition to my Voip service if needed. Seeing payphones have gone the way of the Dodo.

Switching to Voip, has saved me a TON of money so far, ok, comparatively speaking. <$6 since Nov 11th, where for the same time period I'd have spent $60 through Shaw for 'Personal Home Phone'. 90% savings, is a ton of money to a poor guy like me. (Fixed disability income....as everything around us keeps going up and up and up, my income remains the same.)
post #2795 of 2800 (permalink) Old 2016-04-11, 03:48 PM

Is there a way to send a voice mail from voip.ms to a Bell number without ringing the phone? I know it's possible Bell to Bell.

Typed on my smartphone. But I typed it with dumb thumbs so please excuse misturks.

Antennas Direct C2V antenna pointed @ curved building NE. DB4e pointed SSE. Cable free since May 2011.
post #2796 of 2800 (permalink) Old 2016-04-19, 04:48 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kennaway View Post
I am getting some names that are not in my phone book, e.g. a car dealership in Richmond Hill, Capital One (800 number), local drugstore in Hamilton. There are names for calls from Hamilton, Stratford, Belleville, Halifax, North Bay, Oakville, Burlington. The bulk of the numbers don't have a name.
I'm using an Aastra digital phone, if that matters.
Hi, I realize this is an old conversation but I'm in the same situation as tux, live in Winnipeg using Voip.ms and am receiving no incoming CNAM information. Has anyone figured this out?
post #2797 of 2800 (permalink) Old 2017-01-22, 07:28 PM

Keep losing registration

Anyone else having voip.ms issues today? Can ping our server, but we keep losing registration.

post #2798 of 2800 (permalink) Old 2017-01-22, 09:36 PM
Veteran

No issues here.

--
Neil
post #2799 of 2800 (permalink) Old 2017-10-04, 04:46 PM
Rookie

Chicago servers have been down now over 30 minutes... anyone else seeing this?
post #2800 of 2800 (permalink) Old 2017-10-04, 05:46 PM
Rookie

From VoIP MS ... I guess it's not just me then ...

Chicago Servers (Open)

October 4, 2017, 15:52 EST

Our Chicago Data Center experienced issues which caused the Chicago servers to be unreachable for a brief period of time.

Chicago Data Center and Servers are now reachable however our team is working in order to solve different issues with the service that surfaced due to this event.

You may experience slow response from customer portal and/or problems connecting calls.

The engineering team is putting all effort into solving this matter as soon as possible.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.Update Oct. 4, 2017, 16:02 EST

The current issue with calls and registration is affecting more than just the Chicago Servers.

Tags
byod , voip.ms

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.