2nd DID on Linksys/Sipura SPA2100 problem - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 2017-02-20, 01:14 PM Thread Starter
Rookie

2nd DID on Linksys/Sipura SPA2100 problem

I added another DID to my VOIP.MS account. When dialing out with the new Line 2, call display at the receiving phone shows as if my Line 1 was calling. I finally clued in to the online VOIP.MS setting already in place for Line 1, under Portal: Home. That's where Line 1's Caller ID was set, so I removed it and went back to modify my local Cisco/Sipura SPA 2100 settings.

Using a browser, I went to Advanced, Voice, Line 1, Subscriber Information, Display Name and entered Line 1's DID. However, outgoing calls now show up as Private Caller for recipients.

In Advanced, Voice, Line 2, Subscriber Information, Display Name, I entered Line 2's DID. Now outgoing calls (to the above Line 1) show up as the correct DID (where the Caller's Name would normally display) and 000-000-0000 (where the caller's DID would usually display). However, when calling any other outside number the Caller ID shows up as my VOIP.MS account number.

By the way, I don't see any area in Line 1 or Line 2 (in the SPA 2100) to actually enter the Caller ID. Subscriber Information allows for...
Display Name: User ID:
Password: Use Auth ID:
Auth ID:
Mini Certificate:
SRTP Private Key:

Where does the actual DID for each line get entered?

Suggestions please?

Last edited by DialTwister; 2017-02-20 at 06:47 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 2017-09-03, 03:38 PM
Rookie

The caller ID DID is set at VoIP.ms in your admin area. The caller ID name is set in your SPA 2100. After you make any name changes it can take a few hours before it'll be seen by anyone you call...
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 2017-09-04, 02:12 AM
Veteran

Voip.ms .... Sub account has entry for callerid. I think they told me I needed that for 2nd number and soft phone.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.